Weekly rest.

I heard that it was something changed and now we aren’t required to compensate our weekly rest if it was short - is that mean that we can take as much 24 breaks as we wants? I doubt, but it was written on the notice board in one of companies, when I was working as an agency some time ago…

orys:
I heard that it was something changed and now we aren’t required to compensate our weekly rest if it was short - is that mean that we can take as much 24 breaks as we wants? I doubt, but it was written on the notice board in one of companies, when I was working as an agency some time ago…

Reduced weekly rest still has to be paid back.

Reduced weekly rest should be compensated for by the end of the third week following the week in which the weekly rest was reduced.

Sounds like some-one (not me this time :slight_smile: -for a change :unamused: ) got confused between the reduced DAILY and WEEKLY rest compensation regs - DAILY rest does not need to be compensated for :slight_smile:

I never really take reduced weekly rest, mainly because of commitments at weekends meaning i always get at least 45hours weekly rest.

Last week i worked some overtime since i was free and needed the cash.

I ended up taking a weekly break of 43 hours.

When you pay back your reduced weekly rest, how much do you pay back the amount in my case the 2 hours or is there a certain minimum you have to pay back ?

Kenny1975:
When you pay back your reduced weekly rest, how much do you pay back the amount in my case the 2 hours or is there a certain minimum you have to pay back ?

I THINK it has to be paid back in one block but can be paid back by attaching it to a daily rest period

As ROG says, compensation for reduced weekly rest should be paid back en-block, and can be added onto any rest period of no less than 9 hours.

In other words compensation for a reduced weekly rest must be paid back in one lump and can be added onto a daily or weekly rest period, no later than the end of the third week following the week in which the weekly rest was reduced.

ROG and tachograph are correct, so I won’t re-state that, but also remember that, every fortnight, you must have either a full 45-hour weekly rest, or a full weekly rest plus a reduced weekly rest.

Reduced daily rest doesn’t have to be paid back any more.

However, outside the EU, countries running on AETR rules are effectively using the pre-2007 EU rules, so if your journey goes outside the EU, you have to pay back compensation for daily rest.