Reduced weekly rest - how do you make it up?

If you reduce down to the 24 hour min rest -what is your usual method of “payback” without loosing too much work/being in the wrong place?

My method is a full weekend off the following weekend, ie finish Friday, restart Monday. Sorted.

Edit to add, if I did reduce down to 24 hours I’d obviously factor in that I needed a minimum of 66 hours off and would thus adjust my Monday start time to reflect my Friday finish time.

It all depends on how much you reduce by - so if you only have 40 instead of 45 you only have to pay back 5 - which you can do during the week if you have a reduced rest of 9 but actually have 14 hours rest - it will pay back the 5 hours - of course it doesn’t have to be a reduced rest - if you have the opportunity you can pay back the 5 hours at any time as long as its not a part of your 45 minutes or your daily rest -
regards
Steve

The payback for a reduced weekly rest can always be ‘bounced’ for want of a better word …

Reduce to 24 needing 21 payback

60 off so full 45 but not enough left over for 21 payback as well

60 off but used as reduced of 39 plus 21 payback leaving a NEW payback of 6

ROG:
The payback for a reduced weekly rest can always be ‘bounced’ for want of a better word …

So you dont have to pay it back all in one go?

Reduced weekly rest must be paid back in 1 block

So if you reduce by 10 hours - the payback must be in a 10 hour block added to your normal weekly rest

This payback can be pushed forward however to the third weekly rest after the reduction but no later

Saaamon:

ROG:

Each payback has been paid back in one go in that example

m4rky:
Reduced weekly rest must be paid back in 1 block

So if you reduce by 10 hours - the payback must be in a 10 hour block added to your normal weekly rest

This payback can be pushed forward however to the third weekly rest after the reduction but no later

Ok cheers.

Saaamon:

Aren’t you one of the people who thinks the DCPC is a waste of time?

You sure look like someone who needs to go learn BASIC drivers hours regs.

Conor:

Saaamon:

No im not i actually think its a good thing…

The reason for the question was because i didnt understand what ROG was saying, i always assumed it had to be one block. As per ■■■■■■■ usual on this forum people asking questions end up receiving abuse from little school boys or those people who work for companies that hold their drivers hands doing trunking runs because they cant do anything else… You could fit in to either.

Conor:

Saaamon:

Personally , i think the rules of golf as set by the R&A are easier to understand than EU driving rules.
:laughing:

Saaamon:
The reason for the question was because i didnt understand what ROG was saying, i always assumed it had to be one block. As per [zb] usual on this forum people asking questions end up receiving abuse from little school boys or those people who work for companies that hold their drivers hands doing trunking runs because they cant do anything else… You could fit in to either.

What I was saying is that any payback must be done in one go but using the time off can be managed differently that what many think

From my example you can see that for 2 weeks in a row 60 hours off was taken but in each of those 60 hours the time off was used differently

In the second of the 60 hours a payback of 21 hours was done leaving a completely NEW payback of 6 hours

This could not be done in the first 60 hours because a full 45 was needed and only left 15 hours which was not enough for a 21 payback

Many would assume that 66 hours would be needed (45+21) in order to pay back the 21 whereas I have shown another way

Cheers Rog, thats a whole new way of looking at it.

Paying back by the end of the third week …

So if i had a reduced rest last weekend 2/3 I have until when to pay it back the 23rd/24th March ?

Jenson Button:
Cheers Rog, thats a whole new way of looking at it.

Paying back by the end of the third week …

So if i had a reduced rest last weekend 2/3 I have until when to pay it back the 23rd/24th March ?

The payback must be paid back in full before midnight of the 24th and that payback comes after the weekly rest has been taken

Weekly rest + payback … not payback + weekly rest

That is my interpretation of how it works and I have never seen anyone say differently

gm:
It all depends on how much you reduce by - so if you only have 40 instead of 45 you only have to pay back 5 - which you can do during the week if you have a reduced rest of 9 but actually have 14 hours rest - it will pay back the 5 hours

You are correct, it can be added to any rest period of 9 hours but strangely when I had the two VOSA inspectors round last week they couldn’t agree on whether it needed to be attached to a 9 or an 11. I put them right. :wink:

Harry Monk:

gm:
It all depends on how much you reduce by - so if you only have 40 instead of 45 you only have to pay back 5 - which you can do during the week if you have a reduced rest of 9 but actually have 14 hours rest - it will pay back the 5 hours

You are correct, it can be added to any break of 9 hours but strangely when I had the two VOSA inspectors round last week they couldn’t agree on whether it needed to be attached to a 9 or an 11. I put them right. :wink:

Do you have regular checks at first then? How long does this go on for before they leave you alone as such?

No, they make one visit and if you are doing everything properly then you go “green light” on the Operator’s Compliance Risk Score system and they leave you alone. Here’s my report, I’ve been going eight months so they do give you enough time to get it right.

I thought afterwards that if my school reports had been a quarter as good then I might have a proper job now instead of this crap. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
I thought afterwards that if my school reports had been a quarter as good then I might have a proper job now instead of this crap. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha brilliant! Seems like your doing really well as an OD, fair play!

Nice one Harry, good to see it’s all ok.

Sapper

I should have read the regs before posting LOL