Weekend work needed ASAP. Help

Hi everyone. Due to unforeseen circumstances my presence is needed at home Monday to Friday as a matter of urgency.

Unfortunately at the mo I’m in full time employment and am unable to go part time weekends only as there is no need for this where I work.

Is there any large companies in West Yorkshire area that would be able to use me before I leave my current position this week?

Thanks in advance.

Try to register with all the agencies in your area they may be your best bet or ask all the companies in your area if they need a w/end / casual driver

Sorry to here that you are needed at home all week can you claim DLA for that :question: as it may help

There’s an agency advertising on the jobcentre website, sat’s are 12 quid and sun’s are 15 quid an hour.

As far as I know, the work’s at TK Maxx / M+S / DHL in Rochdale, so not too far to go from West Yorks :sunglasses:

sent you a pm mate if they are any good

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

dont leave current job explain circumstances
and try to do the agency thing then

hitch:
dont leave current job explain circumstances
and try to do the agency thing then

Unfortunately have no option, they know the circumstances and I have to leave this week. Luckily saved enough to keep me going for a month or two.

ive sent you a pm.

If its any good to you Bibby’s in Scunthorpe do quite a good weekend rota, Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights approx 12 hour shifts and you pull a full weeks wage.

If you’re east side of Leeds, it takes about 45 mins in car to get there

Stobarts at Goole are setting on. I do casual for them at another depot, it doesn’t pay as well as the agency but your first in line for any shifts going. I can work every Fri, Sat & Sun if I wanted to. Hope this is of use to you.

No chance of decent weekend work on agency unless you’re one of the golden boys. The only stuff that will be available will be the crap that no-one else wants to do, eg. shop deliveries, generally.

Ken Mallinson’s are/were looking for drivers … now they have got in with ASDA … Sat & Sun, every other ASDA trl has got Mallinson unit under it … seem to be running out of Redhouse @ Doncaster.

The biggest problem you might have is that most large companies now insist you have some sort of induction day before they allow you to work.

Thanks again everyone for the info. Making a number of calls today. Wondered also if there is anyone who would need a driver to go somewhere into Europe out Friday eve back Sunday eve■■?

The Rustler:
Ken Mallinson’s are/were looking for drivers … now they have got in with ASDA … Sat & Sun, every other ASDA trl has got Mallinson unit under it … seem to be running out of Redhouse @ Doncaster.

Is this store delivery work or RDC’s??

Got to be honest … Don’t know :blush: I work Weds - Sun, ( up and down the A1 :unamused: ) and since Crimbo Mallinson’s seem to have got a load of work pulling for ASDA … and there was mention on T/net earlier about ASDA having another RDC at Redhouse Interchange @ Doncaster ( i guess you know where i 'm on about :question: ).
If you want Euro … Nidd transport @ Melmerby Nr Ripon have a night trunk to Paris … leaves on Fri around 5-6pm …know don’t know if it’s a tip/reload @ Garonor, or if it’s trl swap with Spanish trunk … sleep Sat then run back Sat pm, get back to Melmerby Sun am. Only if you like drive all night / sleep all day … see previous posts about Nidd’s night trunk :sunglasses:

Griffin560:
Wondered also if there is anyone who would need a driver to go somewhere into Europe out Friday eve back Sunday eve■■?

Thats exactly what i’m looking for, with ya baccy money its gotta be a weeks wage?