week 3

well it’s week three and i was starting think i was working for tesco…turns out i work for a firm called Stobarts. lol

got a MAN TGA this week, manual…and no comfort shift.

monday started well, working out of the Sherburn in Emmet Depot this week, and the first delivery is on manchester to an old kwick save that is being converted to a sainsburys.turns up on time opens the curtians.

“thats the wrong stuff drive”

“hang on, let check the POD, no it not wrong, it’s what it says on the POD”

much toing and froing later, shut curtains and take the trl up to Appleton, and get an empty and off to Tesco Middlewich. One store delivery up to Durham, and made it back as far as Barton Lorry Park for the night.

Tuesday

drop trl back into Sherburn, and collect a trl for inverness, nice steady drive up as the drop is not till 8 am wednesday. parked up at inverness truckstop, on th industrial est, ready for the long drive to the drop in the morning (0.2miles)

Wednesday

unloaded by 0930, and then of to Montrose docks. for a load of paper pulp.

Made it down to Carlisle depot to drop the trl.

Thursday

into office at 0630 as i was told last night for my paperwork and trl number…but the guy bringing it in overnight hasn’t made it in yet, a quick phonecall reveals that he is still at sherburn waiting for a fitter to sort out the trl lights.

after 2 hours of poa i get a empty to collect out of cliffton with and take that back to Sherburn, drop trl and clear out my stuff from the unit… short week this week, i have a wedding to go to on friday and off to rome next week.

overal the TGA is a nice truck the cab has plenty of space, but i much prefer the Volvo I Shift.

Nice one, good pics.

Good diary mate :slight_smile:

Nice one Dav. You still enjoying it?

Good read and pic’s :smiley:

yeah still enjoying it, this week was really good, loads of nice open countryside and little traffic…driving around enjoying the scenery, burning the firms fuel and i got paid for it…thats what trucking is all about innit.lol

Interesting read mate…nice one :wink:

Scan