Tesco assessment today

So I had my class 1 driving assessment today with TRG logistics at tesco RDC Reading.

It’s on my door step so thought why not.

Had a slow start as I was nervous, I kept getting a mind block but I’m sure it’ll all get easier.

Overall though the drive and reverse went well.
I’m going out with them for two days (paid) next week to iron out the creases and get used to the job. After this they said I’ve pretty much got the job.

It was a nice place and everyone was friendly and it seemed like there was a good rapor amongst the drivers that I saw.

Truck was a Mercedes, auto. Was easy to drive anyway.

It’s class 1 experience at the end of the day so I’m pleased.

Nice one, mate. Good luck to you!

Good one. All the best with it. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Good stuff

You know you’re onto a good thing if they’re prepared to send you out with someone to help you find your feet AND they are willing to pay you for it too. That’s a sign of a company acting with integrity, giving the noobs a chance. Good for them, and good luck to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks all

And yeah ORC I agree. Feel quite privileged to be honest as I was far from perfect but he said he could see the potential so it’s nice to be given the chance.

Nice one mate :smiley:

Cheers

There’s no hand ball either. Roll cages or boards off the back of the trailer and that’s it.

TRG are advertising for drivers at Tesco Welham Green (nr Hatfield) do you know if they do PAYE ? Well done & good luck,btw. :wink:

I don’t know yet but I’ll find out next week when I do my induction. I’ll let you know.

thanks mate!

Good news Dave. There’s hope for us wannabes after all. Good luck :smiley:

Absolutely. They’ve fully taken into account that I’m a noob to be fair!

Yes it is PAYE. 28 days holiday, pension etc

dave_garner:
Yes it is PAYE. 28 days holiday, pension etc

Cheers Dave.

Start my 2 days training tomorrow

Will learn where everything is in the yard. Fuel pumps etc

How to do paper work and use a digital tachograph I assume!

Exciting times

dave_garner:
Cheers

There’s no hand ball either. Roll cages or boards off the back of the trailer and that’s it.

I did (and will be doing later) some ambient delivery for tesco.

Those cages are really heavy (or I’m weak as ■■■■).

Be prepared to actually slip along the floor while trying to get the cage up and over the ramp. Also glass. Be prepared to handle glass.

And always check the load. Break the seal and check. Then re-seal it and write the new number on the sheet. Keep the old seal in your pocket they can sometimes get snotty.

I’m used to heavy cages/glass , worked on back door at sainsbury for years so im used to cages loaded with booze/drinks/milk on square wheels lol.
only have to roll it off the back if the trailer anyway.

Check the load for damage before you leave You mean?

These have a permanent seal box thing so you just put it through the lock on the trailer and write down the seal on the paper work each time

I worked in tescos for 13 years stacking shelves at night done produce for good part of that , and more often than not the cage wheel had a flat spot or they were just to heavy to move but it just becomes a knack in moving them lol . The really ■■■■■■ one’s just put a pallet truck under it and Bob’s your uncle and have seen some of them go over at the warehouse ramp . I think the trick for the driver is to get the angle of the trailer right as some used to ■■■■ it and others had nightmare unloading . Hth .

Normally the wheels go flat because the warehouse loaders drag them with a pallet truck too low so the bottom of the wheel is dragging along sideways hence the flat spots lol

Well it’s like that at sainsbury anyway, they only use pallet trucks so they don’t get this problem!

dave_garner:
Normally the wheels go flat because the warehouse loaders drag them with a pallet truck too low so the bottom of the wheel is dragging along sideways hence the flat spots lol

Well it’s like that at sainsbury anyway, they only use pallet trucks so they don’t get this problem!

I guessed they would have something to do with it lol , I have cursed them many a time on my shift , The one that always got my goat was one box of something on the bottom of the cage and 20 boxes of promotional stock on top of it and can bet your bottom dollar that I would need that box at bottom lol , Why not put it at the top!