We Truckers See It All

On my way down to Cornwall last week, whilst travelling along the M5, a 4 x 4 came out from a slip road in front of me and slowed down. As there was a lot of traffic I could not move out into the next lane. A truck driver in a blue MAN saw what was happening and moved out and flashed me to come out. If he had not done so I would most likely have ended up in the back of the 4 x 4, who incidently when I passed saw he was on the mobile. After thanking the trucker and getting on my way, I did swear and toot at the offending idiot and call him a[zb], and hope he did not put anyone else in danger as he did me.
Thanks to the truck driver who helped me on my way. You know who you are and I want to say thanks. Liz

It’s amazing how many people cant safely join a major road using a slip road even when not using a phone/satnav/radio. If I’m ploding along the inside lane, it’s seems half the driver who come down a slip road match my speed, then try & drive into the side of me! :unamused:

would that be gaz in his boughey truck? lol
or someone totally different?
:laughing: :laughing:

It’s massivley annoying when people insist on barging onto the road from a sliproad. It always seems to be either: some fat businessman on the way to “an important meeting” or some old wreck of a Mondeo with an uninsured driver. They steam up the sliproad at about 80mph and expect to be let out irrespective of what’s on the carriageway. If you’re stuck in lane one you HAVE to brake, if you move over into lane two often you can’t move back over.

[zb]'s!!!

Rant over :blush:

Call me stubborn but I very rarely pull out when I see a dithering (zb) crawling up the sliproad, unless it gets to a situation where they’re gonna cause an accident, either they speed up or slow down, unlike trucks they have the manovurebility (sp?) to assess the situation and make the right choice. If I let em out I get stranded in the middle lane nine times out of ten :confused:

With respect Liz., I know its fruistrating when you,ve just got you revs up but all you had to do was ease off the gas until you could pull round him.

Grayham:
Call me stubborn but I very rarely pull out when I see a dithering (zb) crawling up the sliproad, unless it gets to a situation where they’re gonna cause an accident, either they speed up or slow down, unlike trucks they have the manovurebility (sp?) to assess the situation and make the right choice. If I let em out I get stranded in the middle lane nine times out of ten :confused:

im the same except i refuse to pull out for a car ever, they can go faster than me so either get a move on or slow down.

a truck is a different story i usually let them out if they aint going faster or the same speed as me.

Tbh I wouldn’t move over at all if I had one of the older motors that we have in the fleet, I would just let the zbs go under the wheels but my truck is nice and tidy and I’d like to keep it that way :wink:

Grayham:
Tbh I wouldn’t move over at all if I had one of the older motors that we have in the fleet, I would just let the zbs go under the wheels but my truck is nice and tidy and I’d like to keep it that way :wink:

the car on the slip road would soon give way if it saw this in lane 1

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or to really show them who’s boss on the road.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Cruise Control:

Grayham:

the car on the slip road would soon give way if it saw this in lane 1

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or to really show them who’s boss on the road.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: either that or the one from the best trucker revenge movie of all time, Duel :laughing: :laughing: