WATCH OUT JONNY FOREIGNER APRIL the 1st is COMING

The new long awaited fixed penalty system comes into force on April the 1st, it will apply to all of us but is mainly aimed at the pikes who infest our roads with their badly run outfits, cant wait to see if it works.

I bet they won’t match the french fines. They’ll be a token payment.
This is great britain after all.

Can’t see many people being too worried. After all most of these trucks have to drive through many countries with on the spot fines. Fines that sometimes run into tens of thousands of euros (Spain!). So stop getting excited boys, it’s no big deal!

interesting choice of start date :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Any idea the penalty/points system they plan to use?

Fallmonk:

Should be £1000 per offence and 6th months ban that might sort em out but doubt it

if they are from the former east they should get there truck crushed and get bfh then banned from the uk for life,

I have never read so much ■■■■ in all my life…
So you all think your truck is free from defects…a ministry man once told me that a brand new truck, fresh off the production line, and driven outside the gates…would incur a GV9.
As was qouted above, all of these foreigners have driven through some of the worst countries (for checking by vosa equivalent) Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Holland etc…so their vehicles are probably better serviced than a great deal of our own, and amongst the Vosa hit list, are british trucks, so all in all, they are no worse than our own, and in a lot of cases…better.

truckyboy:
I have never read so much [zb] in all my life…
So you all think your truck is free from defects…a ministry man once told me that a brand new truck, fresh off the production line, and driven outside the gates…would incur a GV9.
As was qouted above, all of these foreigners have driven through some of the worst countries (for checking by vosa equivalent) Germany, France, Spain, Belgium, Holland etc…so their vehicles are probably better serviced than a great deal of our own, and amongst the Vosa hit list, are british trucks, so all in all, they are no worse than our own, and in a lot of cases…better.

I totally agree.

I think the on the spot fines should be equal throughout europe and should apply to all including the indiginous drivers as well as foreigners, Therefore we will not have to bother with taking time off to go to court, just pay your bribe/fine and be on your way

nick2008:

Fallmonk:

Should be £1000 per offence and 6th months ban that might sort em out but doubt it

You’d soon change your tune if they pulled you and your wagon had developed a oil leak that you hadn’t realised about. :wink:

These fines will apply to UK wagons too and I can’t be the only one that thinks the authorities might start avoiding the foreigners and pulling more Brits simply cos’ its easier? :imp: :confused:

Its more the driving hours.That they will be finding .some of these,drivers are falling asleep beacause of no rest thats what they will have them for.I think its great stop these dicheads killing people

hammer:

nick2008:

Fallmonk:

You’d soon change your tune if they pulled you and your wagon had developed a oil leak that you hadn’t realised about. :wink:

These fines will apply to UK wagons too and I can’t be the only one that thinks the authorities might start avoiding the foreigners and pulling more Brits simply cos’ its easier? :imp: :confused:

I think the on the spot fines are mainly if you haven’t got a traceable UK address, because in the past they had to many problems chasing foreign haulage companies through the courts.

I think they have also bought in a way of immobilsiing the truck until the fine is paid, they’ll still be after everybody especially if your company is flag as a badun on thier database.

this is what i found about it

A further Road Safety Act 2006 Regulation, introducing the much anticipated new police and VOSA powers (fixed penalties and roadside financial deposits)between January and April 2009, has been published - Statutory Instrument 2008/3164 Road Safety Act 2006 (Commencement No. 5) Order - 8th December 2008.

New power to graduate fixed penalty amounts according to type, degree of offence (i.e. varying amounts of £60, £120 or £200 to be introduced in Spring 2009).

Power to vary number of penalty points endorsed on driving licences according to type, location, severity of offence and location of offence.

New power for vehicle examiners (i.e. VOSA) to issue fixed penalty notices.

Requirement for goods and passenger operators to notify the Traffic Commissioner of certain fixed penalty notices ( in essence the ones under the new GFP scheme).

New system of driving licence endorsement - power to issue endorseable fixed penalties to non-GB driving licence holders through checks of their ‘driving record’.

Police and VOSA power to require financial deposit payment by drivers without satisfactory UK address (intended to enforce against foreign drivers who otherwise have been able to avoid fixed penalty/ prosecution in the UK).

Power for Police/VOSA to immobilise vehicles subject to a prohibition (again, primarily directed at foreign driver

Del

little enis:
The new long awaited fixed penalty system comes into force on April the 1st, it will apply to all of us but is mainly aimed at the pikes who infest our roads with their badly run outfits, cant wait to see if it works.

The parking up of foreigners hasn`t worked much so with the fines set at the levels they have been I cant see these fines having much effect either.

They VOSA should stop releasing the trailer for tipping by another driver when they catch them, then when their loads are late or goods past their sell by date then things might change.

The one thing that would change things is to make the consignor and consignee responsible as well, this would have the effect both of making sure the end user`s used only reputable hauliers and also push the rates up.

Would the fine be against the driver, the vehicle, or the company?

The reason i ask is:
If a driver gets pulled, then he gets a fine but is unable or unwilling to pay, Then VOSA immobilise the vehicle with a clamp for example. Another driver turns up and wants to take over the vehicle, Then would they have to release the vehicle?

annitram:

little enis:

The parking up of foreigners hasn`t worked much so with the fines set at the levels they have been I cant see these fines having much effect either.

They VOSA should stop releasing the trailer for tipping by another driver when they catch them, then when their loads are late or goods past their sell by date then things might change.

The one thing that would change things is to make the consignor and consignee responsible as well, this would have the effect both of making sure the end user`s used only reputable hauliers and also push the rates up.

The problem before has been trying to get a foriegn company into a court, also drivers being told to stop a number of hours and then moving off as soon as VOSA leave the area.

So with on the spot fines, which will affect us all, deposits for those who can’t prove a UK address and proper immobiliation of the vehicle. It might go some way to stop drivers who have come here and broken the rules believing they can get away with it.
As for transfering a trailer to another unit, it’s still an inconvienience for the company and takes time to arrange and I’m sure the truck that turns up will get a look at by VOSA.

The biggest tool in VOSAs arsenal is the power to clamp or confiscate a vehicle until either fines have been paid or defects put right, the truck will not be able to carry on its way until vosa have been satisfied that compliance is achieved

i knew this was coming in,but i an a little confused.
i can go back to approx 1980.
i had an f88 volvo and was stopped at crick.
i was on my way to spain.i hadnt got 7 days cards.
that was the good days when we never cared,and certaintly couldnt show the last 7 days.
i used to put them in the bin.
i was stopped by the ministry at crick on the m1
anyway,they brought me to a local kangaoo court in rugby and fined me 75 pound.
it was a foreign[irish truck]i was driving.
it was my own as well.i was sick paying the money.
so fines are not new.
i never heard of anyone paying any money in years.be interesting to see what happens in april with the on the spot fine system