Warburtons

Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about the new contract Warburtons are taking on at the Bristol Depot? I went for a drivers job there recently and apparently there is a hold up with this new contract so they don’t know when they want the new drivers to start.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

localboy:
Hi All,

Does anyone know anything about the new contract Warburtons are taking on at the Bristol Depot? I went for a drivers job there recently and apparently there is a hold up with this new contract so they don’t know when they want the new drivers to start.

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

A mate of mine just got a job there and apparently there has been a bit of a delay with the new plant they put in and also they were struggling to get the new ovens upto temperature.

I’ve just been told all trunking at all depots/bakeries (artic work) nationwide has now moved from ‘in house’ to DHL. New contracts etc and drivers are not happy.
Bread men on shop deliveries are still ‘in house’.
(The above may not be fact though a mate who works at one of the bakeries told me the above).

It says ERF not RAF:
I’ve just been told all trunking at all depots/bakeries (artic work) nationwide has now moved from ‘in house’ to DHL. New contracts etc and drivers are not happy.
(The above may not be fact though a mate who works at one of the bakeries told me the above).

This makes no sense to me why companies do this, they have the infrastructure in place. They are doing it already by themselves with the tightest margins so they bring in a 3rd party to do it at a premium. BLOWS MY MIND

i sometimes work out of eastwood bakery,and can confirm dhl are now running the transport.warburtons have been told not to set any more drivers on.
incidently,i hav`nt worked for them since dhl got involved

There is nothing in the local paper about it but. I will ask some of the driver that i know

It says ERF not RAF:

the drivers will have to wait and see if the dough rises :smiley: