Warburtons

Does anyone have any idea what they pay and if they are ok to work for.They are advertising for delivery drivers just round the corner from me and with it being so close might be worth a look. :slight_smile:

rammie:
Does anyone have any idea what they pay and if they are ok to work for.They are advertising for delivery drivers just round the corner from me and with it being so close might be worth a look. :slight_smile:

Depends how much bread you’re after…

… BOOM TISH!

I’ll get me coat… :blush:

Ya needs to be gettin yer coat too … 'cos as of tomorrow, i think they’re on strike :open_mouth:

I worked at Walburtons in Eastwood on agency for a while. Not sure what the money was like, not great I think. The job was easy enough, early start, load up, deliver, drop empties.

Assuming you are talking class 2 work, the only problem I could see was that the regular drivers used to have to go into the shops and see what they needed then pick the order in the back of the van. Also, I remember one supermarket in Worksop that required the driver to actually put the bread on the shelves. Stuff that, get your own employees to do it. According to a regular driver this is how it used to be, and some shops still require it. Seems like a lot of messing around although not sure if that’s changed now.

Still, they were a helpful bunch and you do get (legit) freebies every morning :smiley:

When cabbying used to pick up workers from the Warbies bakery local to me,
From what they told me,
Dead Mans Shoes :wink:

Heard on the radio tonight a worker at Warbutons in bellshill was convicted of stabbing to death another worker over an argument over the length of time he took for his tea break in March.

If it’s class 2 you will need to learn ‘the bread’. The orders are in numbers so you will need eg 36 15’s, 8 24’s, etc. Really does depend on how quickly you pick this up for when you’re making up your orders. The rest of the job is about finding the back door, and at which store you can leave the bread and go back later for the note later - and at which you can’t.

If it’s class 1 trunking then you will be a loader that does a bit of driving. You will be expected to un/load every trailer at every depot. You’ll be running as far north as Bolton and Normanton and as far south as London and Bristol. A really easy job - but as boring as f…

Stan

plenty of dough to be made?

if like harvestime,the wage aint great.
only ever done 1 shift for walsall branch,and vowed never to return.

Before moving here i used to live in bolton were warbys main office and bakery are.Its true they were going on strike for better pay and conditions.The pay they were striking against were on 3 hourly levels [on bolton web last week] the rates were £5 47p £5 74p £6 07p can you wonder. www.boltonnews.com

Sorry wrong web.

the bolton news.co.uk

Supposed to be an OK job but after a member of staff was crushed to death on a loading bay ,its gone Health + Safety mad.
Money isn’t brilliant and when you go on the Induction Course you taught how to drive like a complete ■■■■ !!!