wages

looking through one of the free rags for are area the other night i and some of are other drivers noticed a advert for drivers for our company, its within about 15 miles of us, the basic was more, attendance allowance[ we dont get] . can our company pay you different rates and conditions if your on different contract even if you work for the same company :question:

our company move tyres for a company that make them, when it came to a payrise the company boss we move tyres told our contract manager hed only give us a 2.5% payrise instead of the normal 3 as some of the multi droppers were only doing 5 hrs[ he origanally was going to give us 3% but cut the 10hrs pay per night back to 8.5 hrs per night, but contract manager said it wouldnt work as wed all park in laybys and it would cost him more in o/t.the company we move tyres for pay the fuel bills, pick and pay for the trucks we use
the tyre company employees have asked for 8% pay rise, more attendance allowance, more pension, sick pay etc etc, i know they wont get it all but i bet its more than 2.5%.
so my question is if this company are deciding are pay rises, paying for trucks etc havent we got a right to the same benifits there blokes get,
just seems a fiddle to me as other than wear a uniform with a different name on it im employed by the tyre firm but with none of there benifits

ady1:
looking through one of the free rags for are area the other night i and some of are other drivers noticed a advert for drivers for our company, its within about 15 miles of us, the basic was more, attendance allowance[ we dont get] . can our company pay you different rates and conditions if your on different contract even if you work for the same company :question:

our company move tyres for a company that make them, when it came to a payrise the company boss we move tyres told our contract manager hed only give us a 2.5% payrise instead of the normal 3 as some of the multi droppers were only doing 5 hrs[ he origanally was going to give us 3% but cut the 10hrs pay per night back to 8.5 hrs per night, but contract manager said it wouldnt work as wed all park in laybys and it would cost him more in o/t.the company we move tyres for pay the fuel bills, pick and pay for the trucks we use
the tyre company employees have asked for 8% pay rise, more attendance allowance, more pension, sick pay etc etc, i know they wont get it all but i bet its more than 2.5%.
so my question is if this company are deciding are pay rises, paying for trucks etc havent we got a right to the same benifits there blokes get,
just seems a fiddle to me as other than wear a uniform with a different name on it im employed by the tyre firm but with none of there benifits

From what i’ve seen Ady, companies do pay differnt for different contracts etc. But also, if you are working under the same conditions etc as other people you are entitled to the same. Let them get there rise first and the moan/enquire about it, you never know it may get backdated!

Having just left Fowler Welch in Gateshead we were on £6.27ph whereas drivers in Spalding Depot were on £6.00 and Teynham £7.00 despite being the same company, what makes you laugh is they say the cost of living is higher down south yet the southern drivers are doing exactly the same job as the northern drivers.

It should be the same pay structure throughout regardless of where in the country you decide to live.

Davey Driver:
It should be the same pay structure throughout regardless of where in the country you decide to live.

That’s called “Communism” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously, they pay what they need to pay to attract drivers, and the only surprise to me is that drivers in Teynham are prepared to work for £7 per hour.

Harry Monk:

Davey Driver:

That’s called “Communism” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously, they pay what they need to pay to attract drivers, and the only surprise to me is that drivers in Teynham are prepared to work for £7 per hour.

No its called treating all the drivers in the same company the same :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Having lost 6 drivers in the past 5 weeks they need to increase it at Gateshead too, Fowlers definitely need to get their act together. :laughing:

But we live in a supply and demand economy, and Fowler Welch’s wages are determined by that.

To say that drivers in Gateshead should be paid the same as drivers in Teynham is a little like saying that drivers in Teynham should be able to buy or rent a house for the same as a driver in Gateshead.

Just looking here, primelocation.com/uk-propert … ingbourne/ I see that a two-up-two-down terraced house in the area costs £525 per month to rent. How much would it cost in Gateshead?

Fowler Welch would not get drivers for £6 per hour in Teynham, and they obviously do not need to pay £7 in Gateshead to get drivers, or they would do.

I don’t have an argument with you, but this is how a supply-and-demand economy works.

I’m obviously out of touch with things but how typical is £6.27/hr? :open_mouth:

My depot pall all other depots the same wages.
Thats exeter,oxford,redditch and carlisle.

They didnt want to.But thats what the union sorted out fo us all.
The drivers in oxford moan and the drivers in Carlisle are rubbing their hands together.But because i work for exel.Our oxford drivers share the unipart depot with the homebase exel drivers.Who are on £5k less than our drivers.
So their not so bad off afterall.

Tony b

Qhunter:
I’m obviously out of touch with things but how typical is £6.27/hr? :open_mouth:

I’m not sure about Gateshead, but as I mentioned I was surprised that Teynham could get drivers at £7 per hour. I’m on £8 an hour and I consider my wages to be at the lower end of the pay scale.

I think the driver shortage is less pronounced in the north-east though, as the area has lost much of its heavy industry but still has a lot of drivers chasing a reduded amount of work.

Qhunter:

Most Driving jobs in the North East vary anywhere between £5.50 ph to around the £9.00ph for the blue chip companies.

I posted one on this site the other day that was offering £5.35ph for transporting cars :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Minimum wage is £5.50 so it shows how long its been advertised :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Davey Driver:
I posted one on this site the other day that was offering £5.35ph for transporting cars :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I don’t know what the company is called, but it occurs to me that “We’re on Drugs Car Transport” might be a suitable nomenclature.

Davey Driver:
Minimum wage is £5.50 so it shows how long its been advertised :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Since when?:

hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/nmw_abou.htm

mrpj:

Davey Driver:

Since when?:

hmrc.gov.uk/nmw/nmw_abou.htm

October I do believe but hey I could be wrong :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

min wage £5.35 (over 21’s) since Oct. 4th

disgo:

Ah well there you go, you learn something new every day :sunglasses:

Davey Driver:

disgo:

Ah well there you go, you learn something new every day :sunglasses:

to think my hourly rates a wopping 1.90 ish more than the min wage , 2.5% pay rise, wont be long till im on the min wage, food for thought

Oh my. I hadn’t realised things were still that bad in places. Astonishing.