W rickard and son

saw this motor trundleing down the m5 3 weeks ago

carl that reminds me of the one dicky roberts used to have at brotheridge

neil bartlett the tipper man from coventry ran a customised one aswell i remember seeing it at the truck and track show at silverstone many moons ago

I used to drive one of those F6’s too, a real “Gutless Wonder”, you could walk faster uphill & the brakes were dreadful too, although the cab was quite well thought out for it’s time.

evvo:
I used to drive one of those F6’s too, a real “Gutless Wonder”, you could walk faster uphill & the brakes were dreadful too, although the cab was quite well thought out for it’s time.

F6 was a dreadful truck, my mate bought one for his tyre business. Wouldnt pull a prostitute :stuck_out_tongue:

i had an F616 too A752 FLY…shame it didn’t live up to its reg…

evvo:

You think the rigids were bad? The tractor was plated at 28 tonnes - I sent one out at that weight once, and it took the poor bloke 4 hours to get it from Blackburn to Dudley!

And the ride made a bobtail Mk.1 Atki feel like a Roller. On the first pothole, the radio fell out!

evvo:
…& the brakes were dreadful too,

Now I know where the brakes on a Mercedes Axor came from :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You got the feeling the brake’s were on a timer one hard application & pretty much no brake’s for the next 10 minute’s or so.

Thinking about perhap’s it wasn’t such a bad thing they were so gutless! :wink: