Vosa pulling into Strensham southbound

Never seen that before and this is my regular perch. They coned off a corner to themselves with what looks like a police van.

They’re quite often on Strensham Northbound…

Turns out the van was a vosa mobile unit.

Yesterday they were in the new Gloucester services. Im glad i took my quick ■■■■ in Michaelwood.

why?what you got to hide??

I work for a company in the red with dvsa so they would have been all over the lorry and cost me time. I quick 5min ■■■■ is then a 30min chat.

mrginge:
I work for a company in the red with dvsa so they would have been all over the lorry and cost me time. I quick 5min ■■■■ is then a 30min chat.

Bloody hell I thought SOG weren’t that bad, according to the feature on them in a truck mag a few months ago. What’s the red rating for?

I wouldn’t like to say but we have been told to make extra sure our tachos and lorries are tip top. I think most of the blame went on one driver in particular about his tachos and has since left.

Our managers have been checking the lorries on the way out in the morning so if you have a light out for example it’s off to our fitters.

For attention of DVSA - please start pulling car drivers and do psychological tests to them :bulb:

Why would you have your manager check your truck and trailer for anything that could get you a tug by VOSA before you leave your yard ? That’s YOUR job … But that’s just me

The dogs do dahs:
Why would you have your manager check your truck and trailer for anything that could get you a tug by VOSA before you leave your yard ? That’s YOUR job … But that’s just me

Probably a managers idea to get there ocrs score up to amber from red.

I know that, but just because i can be bothered to do the checks doesn’t mean the whole fleet is. Like said above im guessing they are taking a pro active approach to sorting it out - Just a quick look from their office window might see the soft looking tyre that for whatever reason the driver didn’t. I have only been at my current place 6mths and they have definitely been sorting things out like scrapping the old crappy units and buying 4 new straight from the dealer which is a first. Its always been used units before.

mrginge:
I know that, but just because i can be bothered to do the checks doesn’t mean the whole fleet is. Like said above im guessing they are taking a pro active approach to sorting it out - Just a quick look from their office window might see the soft looking tyre that for whatever reason the driver didn’t. I have only been at my current place 6mths and they have definitely been sorting things out like scrapping the old crappy units and buying 4 new straight from the dealer which is a first. Its always been used units before.

one way of sorting out who you want to keep and who you don I suppose. nothing wrong with it really as the managers only looking after his job too

They use Strensham quite often.

I saw one of their cars by the j14 checkpoint on the m6 Friday. Sat on the hard shoulder waiting for someone to pull in. They had a head light out on their car, I thought it was quite ironic :slight_smile:

LR18-8:
They use Strensham quite often.

I saw one of their cars by the j14 checkpoint on the m6 Friday. Sat on the hard shoulder waiting for someone to pull in. They had a head light out on their car, I thought it was quite ironic :slight_smile:

They told me they don’t do them (powder checks) which i thought was a bit dodgy given their line of work but it wouldn’t surprise me.