A pull from vosa today

Had a pull today, random check. I have to say that I can’t fault them. Polite, professional, and got on with what they had to do quickly. I’m sure you get some jobs worth like you get good and bad cops, you get good and bad drivers.

I was polite, let them crack in with a check round, and they had me on my way in less than 10 minutes.

No phone out filming them asking him under what authority they are stopping me etc :unamused:

Job done

If you go by my vosa stop rate, expect your next pull in 2037.

I got pulled in 3 weeks ago, first one since I took my class 1 in 1992!!. Also polite, professional and approachable. Even had abit of a crack with the officer that pulled me in.
No problem at all.

I’m sure Dave will be watching this with interest, trying to figure out where he can go for quick tug by VOSA :smiley:

its so simply really…

behave like prick, you will get treated like a prick

I got pulled in at Ross on wye a couple of months ago. He seemed very disinterested. Asked me for a print out. He had a look at it then asked if I’d opted out (started at 3.00am) to which I said yes (the truth). He took the print out to the office then came back 5 mins later and sent me on my way! No vehicle checks at all, didn’t even look at the tyres!

3 hrs at oxford svs no number plate on roro, proper ■■■■■■■■■ didnt no how to down load head, just about to leave came and said i had over speed of what ever, he said you must of been going past every one, my reply no trying to keep up, true story that

hardyd44:
its so simply really…

behave like prick, you will get treated like a prick

First test well all pass or fail is the attitude one. Pulled many times over the years with a white number plate,and only once had a problem (with a dodgy hub). Sourced one locally,and the fitter came down to do the job just as they were closing up shop.D o T man chatted to fitter who assured him itd be done properly.GV 9 was signed off on,and was released BEFORE the job was done.
ATTITUDE ATTITUDE ATTITUDE my friends.

Same here. Had about 3 pulls in the space of a couple of years and they were fine. One time they picked up that I had on the previous day had a 20min and a 25 min to cover my 45. I was wondering how many £’s it would cost me when he came back out of the hut but he just pointed it out and said to make sure i did it correctly in future.

I suppose it depends on how many infringements you have on your card at the time, whether you are continuously taking the ■■■■ or not, and your attitude.

never had much of a problem with vosa, if you polite they are friendly back even on my o/d days when I picked up the odd gv9.
As for the police, been pulled by some right job worths/ ■■■■■■■■■■ Older ones usually ok, young ones pain in the arse

When I drove for Tilcon we were never pulled, big companies like Tilcon/Tarmac/Blue Circle were left alone as maintenance was spot on. All changed when driving for others though! Pulled off the M6 into Stafford Services for a tap around and fuel dip, pulled on the roundabout at Whaley Bridge and given a delayed GV9 for a suspected loose spring bolt, even pulled on the hard shoulder of the M1 between gates 37 and 38 in the snow and the VOSA guy crawled underneath with his hammer while trucks wizzed by inches from his legs!! :confused: Last time was at Bingham check point, half a tonne overweight on a six wheeled rigid but they let me go on that as they were targetted Foreigners who were several tonnes over! He commented that there was a lot of oil around the engine (■■■■■■■ L10, well known for oil leaks!) and I told him that if you had just pulled 26 tonnes from Stoney Middleton you would be sweating oil as well. He just chuckled and on my way I merrily went! :laughing:

I was watching Dominic Littlewoods programme on tv last week and the amount of vehicles fitted with gadgets to fiddle the emission readings was astounding, never knew things like that existed? :open_mouth: Some were not even hidden.

Pete.

peirre:
I’m sure Dave will be watching this with interest, trying to figure out where he can go for quick tug by VOSA :smiley:

Doubt he would want a quick tug. I’m sure he would like his exhaust inspected too :open_mouth:

they pulled my 13yr old 164, my driver said you could see them rubbing there hands, some oney to be made here lads :laughing:

not one fault, bugger all, and gave a compliment on the condition of the truck :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Never had a problem with them or plod.
It’s a job and what they do is not go out their way to find fault but to check for faults that could be dangerous.

2 types of fault

1. you can’t move that drive that wheel is bolder than bb :wink:

2. On your way make sure you get that done and get it to the station to show it’s done.

Only doing a job like everyone else.

VOSA…surely I am not the only driver that has a letter from my GP confirming that I am suffering from advanced Tourette’s Syndrome…

I have never been stopped by VOSA but I am very much looking forward to it…

I keep passing them on the a17 on my way towards Sleaford. Not been stopped yet but they were stood there like bouncers at the entrance.

jamieh1990:
I keep passing them on the a17 on my way towards Sleaford. Not been stopped yet but they were stood there like bouncers at the entrance.

Is the guy that looks like captain birds eye with binoculars still there? I’ve not seen them there for ages.

jamieh1990:

Brought back memories when back in the UK a couple of weeks back, the big layby with the scales. The Cheerio Cafe was always rammed with fully freighted (and some) the days VOSA were there…some sat there for hours… :grimacing:

There was a truck in before me and was still there when I left. They were really having a good look at him. Had all sorts of electronic things out with things wrapped around the tyres, they were crawling underneath with torches out, as as I left they were in the drivers sat looking at the tacho. And yes it was a British truck.

I got stopped by police not VOSA 2 weeks ago near Southampton, polite, we had a laugh too, but they had the ‘bigger laugh’ when they gave me 2 fixed penalties for tacho infringement which I have to be honest I was totally unaware of as stupidly I must have been asleep (not fully but in my brain anyway) when did my CPC and misinterpreted the maximum daily hours and daily rest rules…so I was happily thinking I was doing right when I was not…

Although I got my class 1 in 1992 I have not been driving for years and years then did a few shifts for Royal Mail 2 years ago… and recently took up a euro tramping job, daily working hours and rests were not a problem with Royal Mail as it was a job where I went home at end of day and they make sure anyway that you do not work over the hours…but tramping you really have to be ‘spot on’ in knowing the rules and making sure you keep an eye open all the time! I now have an impeccable record system where I have my own diary and I write down ‘everything’ I do as I do it and am always aware of when I have to stop and when I can start again etc…

The fines were bad news as I am really struggling financially, however it has taught me an invaluable lesson and in a strange way I am grateful it happened, but I do not want anymore if I can help it :smiley:

The cops treated me with respect etc, so anyway…there we are, it was an expensive tacho/EU driving hours lesson :smiley: