DVSA

Got pulled by DVSA yesterday into compound just after Carlisle. In and out within 30mins. Overall a decent experience, nothing to hide or worry so wasn’t bothered too much, but you never know?
The guy was pleasant and efficient. Just thought I’d say that there probably not all out to get you. Was your experience similar?

On the rare occasion I’ve been pulled in by the DVSA/VOSA I’ve found them to be exactly as you found them.

I’ve forgotten…

How many years since I was last pulled by VOSA (as it was back then) in Nottingham. It was a digicard so when ever they started. They were too busy giving a McDowalls driver a dressing down for ‘digital tachograph anomalies’ as he put it to really bother with my card. The wheel tapper gave my trailer a clean bill of health and then we had a discussion over the pro’s and cons of rear steer trailers.

At Ross-on-Wye they complemented me on my tidy roping.

like most people open the door and give them some un-warranted abuse and you’ll get some back

I willingly drove into the one on top of the M11 J7 the other week just to ask a question, the three chaps there just laughed and said that does not happen very often !

But got stopped on the southside of the Woolwich ferry in the parking area a week later and what a difference. All ok with truck and trailer. The bloke came back with my download and gave me a verbal warning for twice putting the vehicle on break for an hour then taking the card out after.
He wanted to know why, I told him that on both occasions I had got back to the yard, asked if anything else left to do, told there ‘might be a container if the release note came through’ so had an hour and ten minute break. Boss came out and said nothing happening and to go home, so I pulled the card and went home. I told him that at no point during that hour or so break did I do any work, just sat in the yard drinking tea and shooting the fat with the warehouse lads.
VOSA bloke said I should have used POA, I told him no, he argued his point that i used that time towards overnight rest. I told him flatly that I didnt count it towards overnight rest. I still got a paper copy with two warnings for wrong mode used.
Ho hum!

Be polite, don’t take the ■■■■, keep your vehicle in as good condition as you the driver can manage, and try your best to keep your axle weights right (so many drivers haven’t a clue about axle weights and care less :unamused: ), and you will not get any bother from the wheeltappers, whatever they happen to be called this week.

Take the ■■■■ or come the clever ■■■■ trying to film them and acting like some half wit and you’ll come off worse or poorer sooner or later.

dont treat them like this prat did.

youtu.be/6h1j8Rumd_c

I’m the same mate.
I’ve been stopped few times with them.
Never really had problem always been reasonably friendly.

m.a.n rules:

youtu.be/6h1j8Rumd_c

:open_mouth: Why would you not only make a helmet of yourself, but film it while doing so? :open_mouth:
No need whatsoever for the ‘barrack room lawyer’ attitude there, if I had been that VOSA guy I would have gone all out to find something wrong with his truck or his card. :unamused:

99% of the (many) times I have been pulled, I have found these guys ok.

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

youtu.be/6h1j8Rumd_c

:open_mouth: Why would you not only make a helmet of yourself, but film it while doing so? :open_mouth:
No need whatsoever for the ‘barrack room lawyer’ attitude there, if I had been that VOSA guy I would have gone all out to find something wrong with his truck or his card. :unamused:

99% of the (many) times I have been pulled, I have found these guys ok.

The thing is I would guarantee if they wanted to find something they would.
You know what it’s like your self there always something small they could do you for.