VOSA FPN

was talking to a bloke last nite who said if your pulled in by vosa and get prohibition notice served, if your repairer is more then an hour getting to you that they can issue u a fpn of £80 does anyone know if this is rite or is he pullin me wire cheers.

largebloke1969:
was talking to a bloke last nite who said if your pulled in by vosa and get prohibition notice served, if your repairer is more then an hour getting to you that they can issue u a fpn of £80 does anyone know if this is rite or is he pullin me wire cheers.

He is talking ■■■■■■■■.

The clue is in the amount, as is usually the case with this sort of nonsense. VOSA can issue FPN’s in the following amounts, £30, £60, £120 and £200. Not seeing an £80 FPN there which confirms you had the misfortune to encounter a roaster. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s also the first thing you can throw back at these throbbers who claim they got fined £■■ per turn their winding handle wasn’t fully up. VOSA do not have any FPN’s based on £■■ per anything. :wink:

Drivers myths again. Grease monkey at work the other day. “vosa do ya for your overspeeds on your tacho”. I just nodded, course they do mate. :unamused: long as these drivers myths keep going vosa dont need to get out of bed. :stuck_out_tongue:

nah its not ■■■■■■■■, its not a fpn either, if your over an hour they will put a lock on the motor and there is an immobilisation fee of 80 quid for it

bigtrev:
nah its not ■■■■■■■■, its not a fpn either, if your over an hour they will put a lock on the motor and there is an immobilisation fee of 80 quid for it

unless you can point me to the legislation or a link to this I will still say that it is, ■■■■■■■■

Prohibition Notices come in different guises and degrees of severity

didn’t this exact same topic come up not long ago? :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

bigtrev:

unless you can point me to the legislation or a link to this I will still say that it is, ■■■■■■■■

Prohibition Notices come in different guises and degrees of severity

Immobilisation was introduced by an amendment to the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 contained in the Road Safety Act 2006. This means that any vehicle prohibited with immediate effect for any of the following reasons could be subject to Immobilisation;

Drivers’ hours regulation breaches
Roadworthiness issues
Overloading
Non-payment of a financial deposit requirement

maybe not ■■■■■■■■ after all !!

VOSA are now issuing £80 fines for wearing brown socks with black boots. :laughing:

TTX boy:
VOSA are now issuing £80 fines for wearing brown socks with black boots. :laughing:

So they ■■■■■■■ should!!!

TTX boy:

or for walking on cracks in the pavement constable savage !!!

youtube.com/watch?v=BO8EpfyCG2Y

the £80 is the release fee for the green wire.
the wire is normally fitted if no-one has attended the vehicle within an hour of the prohibition being issued.
it’s for real as i’ve organised 2 releases where the wire has been on when i’ve cleared the fault.
there is a little leniency but it depends on the staff(as usual).
the last one i cleared was a french unit/trailer with a broken ebs socket and lead.
the cable had been fitted at 2 am.the defect was cleared at 10am an hour after we recieved the call.
the release fee had to be paid to release the cable,before it could be road tested to clear the prohibition.
then the fine had to be paid too.
because it’s 2 different departments dealing with the fine and release fee the one cleared but the other didn’t even though they were taken within the same phone call.
the vosa had to ring swansea to clarify the release fee had been paid.

so that’s the way it is now,unless you’ve caught lucky with a tolerant vosa man,who may give you alittle more time to get the defect(a minor one) cleared before he fits the cable.

largebloke1969:

There’s your clue :wink:

newmercman:

largebloke1969:

The other clue is what wrecktech and big trev said, they’re both right.

Mike-C:

newmercman:

largebloke1969:

True enough, but I would’ve needed to read the complete thread to know that :laughing:

newmercman:

Mike-C:

newmercman:

largebloke1969:

True enough, but I would’ve needed to read the complete thread to know that :laughing:

:grimacing:

You listen to ■■■■■■■■■ or mates you will learn sweet FA. Everything written at the beginning of this thread is ■■■■■■■■

Your vehicle can be immobilised by VOSA for various reasons, if you want it releasing you will have to pay an £80 release fee.

That isn’t an FPN, nor a fine, it is a release fee for the immobilising device.

The only mention of One Hour, is that VOSA will arrange to release you within one hour of the penalty being paid or the defect being fixed. That is a totally different thing to what was written as ■■■■■■■■.

businesslink.gov.uk/Transpor … sation.pdf

Page 6. Section 5

Application for a release will certainly be needed after a payment of a Deposit Requirement when this has taken place via a third party to the Fixed Penalty Office or where the immobilised vehicle was the subject of multiple prohibitions. In these instances, VOSA undertakes to release a vehicle within 1 hour of being informed that all prohibition matters have been satisfactorily dealt with.

bigtrev:

CRAP

TTX boy:

TRUE

wrecktech100:
the £80 is the release fee for the green wire.
the wire is normally fitted if no-one has attended the vehicle within an hour of the prohibition being issued.
it’s for real as i’ve organised 2 releases where the wire has been on when i’ve cleared the fault.
there is a little leniency but it depends on the staff(as usual).
the last one i cleared was a french unit/trailer with a broken ebs socket and lead.
the cable had been fitted at 2 am.the defect was cleared at 10am an hour after we recieved the call.
the release fee had to be paid to release the cable,before it could be road tested to clear the prohibition.
then the fine had to be paid too.
because it’s 2 different departments dealing with the fine and release fee the one cleared but the other didn’t even though they were taken within the same phone call.
the vosa had to ring swansea to clarify the release fee had been paid.

so that’s the way it is now,unless you’ve caught lucky with a tolerant vosa man,who may give you alittle more time to get the defect(a minor one) cleared before he fits the cable.

CRAP

Although your scaremongering post did point me in the correct direction for the legislation.

i’ll print this off then and tell perry barr to refund the 2 we’ve paid so far then. :shock