VOSA changes OCRS scheme

VOSA has sprung a surprise on operators with changes to its Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) scheme that sees points applied retrospectively to OCRS ratings.

The agency has been applying points to previously zero-rated non-mechanical infringements, such as convictions and prohibitions for overloading, drivers’ hours offences and tacho issues since October.

However, according to Mike Oliver, a consultant for law firm Aaron & Partners, VOSA is also applying points to offences detected up to two years ago
Full story here
roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … scheme.htm

I imagine many operators will not be at all happy about this, given that the index score is calculated over a two year period I can understand VOSA’s thinking on this issue but on the whole it does seem to be out of order to retrospectively add points for offences that were previously zero rated.

Any operator who’s had problems with the relevant previously zero rated offences in the past couple of years and worked to rectify them will no doubt see this as receiving a kick in the teeth for their efforts.

Not a particularly good or fare move by VOSA in my opinion :unamused: