O.C.R.S.

i strongly believe that if the whole of the haulage industry became O.C.R.S. Compliant, the roads in the UK will be safer, reducing carbon footprint and saving unecessary road traffic incidents. The other benefit is that we are all professionals but this is not always recognised, becoming compliant changes attitudes?

wtf is ocrs :question:

instructorone:
i strongly believe that if the whole of the haulage industry became O.C.R.S.

What is OCRS :question: :question:

I thought that VOSA already used the traffic light scheme to check truck and coach fleets.

Why do we need summat else?

Im already compliant.

I have an NVQ

Not Very Qualified
:stuck_out_tongue:

biggusdickusgb:
wtf is ocrs :question:

OCRS is the Operators Compliant Risk Score which became legislation in January 2007. I am however not amazed that you are un-aware of this as many hauliers have ignored it, now VOSA are stopping non-compliant companies, WIMS working in conjunction with ANPR has proven to be very successful and the number of immediate prohibitions has risen greatly.

Drivers are being arrested along with company traffic operators and Directors, and in some cases jail sentences have been passed.

The reason for this is to reduce death on the roads.
IMHO if it saves one life per year, its working.

Perhaps, when you have time, a full explanation of what is involved in OCRS could be posted here :question: :question:

instructorone wrote :-

Drivers are being arrested allong with compoany traffic opperators and Directors, and in some cases jail sentences have been passed.

Who, when and where?

Wheel Nut:
I thought that VOSA already used the traffic light scheme to check truck and coach fleets.

AFAICS it is the traffic light system

fta.co.uk/information/operat … isk-score/

unless it’s

ocrs.co.uk/

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

wtf is wims

biggusdickusgb:
wtf is wims

weight in motion sensors

Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) is a mechanism used at roadside checks to calculate the likelihood of an operator being non-compliant. It is a risk based scoring system and is used as a guide only. It is NOT a mechanism for rating operators. Separate scores are produced for Roadworthiness and Traffic categories.

The OCRS operates through the Mobile Compliance Device (MCD) that all examiners carry and is linked to the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency database.

Your OCRS score
Your OCRS score is a ranked score between 0 and 10. Depending on whether the score is Road worthiness or Overall Traffic, you also receive a colour based rating, Red, Amber or Green.

This rating is based upon your OCRS score in comparison to other operators.

Therefore, your score could remain the same, or even decrease over time despite the fact your company is more compliant, if the majority of operators are also striving to improve their score.

For each category OCRS is calculated using two distinct methods i.e. Historic and Predictive Scores.

(GEEZZZUUSS! WHAT’S NEXT! I’m telling you - I’d love to get out of this industry!)

ANDY1961:
Operator Compliance Risk Score (OCRS) is a mechanism used at roadside checks to calculate the likelihood of an operator being non-compliant. It is a risk based scoring system and is used as a guide only. It is NOT a mechanism for rating operators. Separate scores are produced for Roadworthiness and Traffic categories.

The OCRS operates through the Mobile Compliance Device (MCD) that all examiners carry and is linked to the Vehicle and Operator Services Agency database.

Your OCRS score
Your OCRS score is a ranked score between 0 and 10. Depending on whether the score is Road worthiness or Overall Traffic, you also receive a colour based rating, Red, Amber or Green.

This rating is based upon your OCRS score in comparison to other operators.

Therefore, your score could remain the same, or even decrease over time despite the fact your company is more compliant, if the majority of operators are also striving to improve their score.

For each category OCRS is calculated using two distinct methods i.e. Historic and Predictive Scores.

GEEZZZUUSS! WHAT’S NEXT! I’m telling you - I’d love to get out of this industry!

Good evening Andy1961. It is very refreshing to see that someone acknowledges ocrs and what it stands for, however, ocrs is a means of rating companies so that vosa can rate compliant/non-compliant companies hence reducing the number of compliant events

Smart Mart:

instructorone wrote :-

Drivers are being arrested allong with compoany traffic opperators and Directors, and in some cases jail sentences have been passed.

Who, when and where?

In Leicestershire alone there have been some 16 drivers arrested and jailed for tachograph infringments along with traffic operators and a director, one director has “done a runner” and has yet to be found.

vosa.gov.uk/careers/

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ocrs, wims, mcd, anpr wtf, no wonder this industry is dying on its feet

I have been a professional LGV Driver for some 25 years, i have travelled Europe, mid east and Russia. Having decided to do something different with my life i decided to become a professional LGV instructor 4 years ago.

OCRS is the Operators Compliant Risk Score which became legislation in January 2007. I am however not amazed that you are un-aware of this as many hauliers have ignored it, now VOSA are stopping non-compliant companies, WIMS working in conjunction with ANPR has proven to be very successful and the number of immidiate prohibitions has risen greatly.

The reason for this is to reduce death on the roads.
IMHO if it saves one life per year, its working.

sounds a bit like poacher turned gamekeeper.

So it is the traffic light system, red amber green etc, using Historic and Predictive data.

Therein lies the problem.

While Sid Snot and Daughters had a skip lorry fail its annual test last year because of poor headlight aim and a loose mudflap, they have now been flagged up as an amber or questionable operator on this system.

Meanwhile Vaclav Havel driving his super space cab from Warzawa to Bromsgrove each week, has never been pulled, so he has a 100% record with a green lamp.

Again it affects home grown hauliers so Sid Snot will get a pull every time he passes Sandy checkpoint yet Vaclav is overtaken with a cheery wave :wink:

Denis F:
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/careers/

they’ve got nowt in peterborough :frowning:
i’ve got 35 years of using most of the “tricks of the trade” :laughing:

Denis F:
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/careers/

No Denis - a part of me would love to get out of this industry - but I’m not joining VOSA!!!

instructorone wrote:-

In Leicestershire allone there have been some 16 drivers arrested and jailed for tachograph infringments allong with traffic operators and a director, one driedftor has “done a runner” and has yet to be found.

Hearsay I would think. I read extensively trade press and have never read of anyone going to prison for a tachograph offence.

I’m always interested to hear of actual operators who have had any prosecutions brought, but usually they have been named. If it is true then there is no reason not to name and shame them.

Smart Mart:

instructorone wrote:-

In Leicestershire allone there have been some 16 drivers arrested and jailed for tachograph infringments allong with traffic operators and a director, one driedftor has “done a runner” and has yet to be found.

Hearsay I would think. I read extensively trade press and have never read of anyone going to prison for a tachograph offence.

I’m always interested to hear of actual operators who have had any prosecutions brought, but usually they have been named. If it is true then there is no reason not to name and shame them.

Please refer for an example to the Commercial Motor approx 4 weeks ago, on the front cover is the new isuzu 17 tonner.

And please excuse my edits of my previous posts, its late, and my spelling is a bit iffy… :blush: