volvo gearbox

got a new? 57 plate fh13,with the i shift c box in it.

this is the daft question bit?drove back to yard tue night,got in wed early am 0345,and the blooody thing would not for the love off money change smoothly,kept jumping out of gear at 3,7,and 11,so limped to volvo’s at nursling,spent all day playing with computers,etc.

end of day they take the lid off ,only to find the synchro cog? between 2nd &3rd as shaved the teeth to a nice forty deg chamfer,half way round,this on a truck with only 8602 kms on the clock.

got it back this morning to find they put a new cog in and a quick service.

been told its probably down to a manufactoring fault?.

any one had similer probs with this box or unit.

Our FM’s are having problems too! Think this is the start of something? :laughing:
I-shift, does that stand for “intelligent”?

I shall keep pestering the boss to get me a Scania!

Have driven the new I-shift and dont really rate it, I have noticed I get bored, because I dont need to worry bout gearchange!

i-shift is around for 6 years now and its realitivly trouble free…
apparently :cry:

I’ve had three. A 2003 FM12 340 (one of the first in the country :wink: ), a 2005 FM12 420 and a 2007 FH13 440.

All have performed faultlessly. Over many hundreds of thousands of kilometres.

The current version is the smoothest and quickest changing AMT I have ever driven.

In fact, the software has been continuously improved, and the 2007 drives totally different to the 2003 model.

Ignoring the M-B PowerShift transmission which I have not yet experienced, the I-Shift is by far the best AMT out there in my opinion.

I know that in our region, the company I work for would not even consider putting a new Volvo on the road unless it had I-Shift.

If you are having problems I think it’s just a one-off, though it’s a bit of a poor show, it has to be said!! :frowning:

part of the repairs on wed was doing a software upgrade,something to do with a MID 144 campaign?.

when i fetched the box sat morning the gears was running all ok,compared to the reno i drove for two days?,hopefully it wont breakdown when its got 30 ton on it tomorrow morning.

out of 6 new units ,everyone has, since being put on the road,developed some fault or other problem,such has adblue senser or pump not putting suffeicent in exhaust,dash engine light comes on with HIGH NOX CONTENT,some times it clears its self.

are they friday afternoon motors?