Sounds like a good choice to me, unless it’s an I-shift. :smiley:

flatbedman:
just bought an 03 reg fh12 460 globetrotter xl 4x2
too late now but was it a wise choice?

cheers
paul

Whats wrong with the R series then?

Any trucks a good choice.
As its a 4x2, I take it you’re doin’ continental?

flatbedman:
just bought an 03 reg fh12 460 globetrotter xl 4x2
too late now but was it a wise choice?

cheers
paul

It could certainly be a lot worse. :smiley: I found they have mounds of low down torque, but don’t like to pull through the rev range that well, maybe the one I had was a dud. :confused: :slight_smile:

We’re running an 04 FH12 460 Globby with I shift, and have had no real problems. The only niggle we have is the O/S indicator repeater keeps coming out, bad clip, but have remided this with some pvc tape. A couple of the other lads have FH’s in various guises of the same age and have had no real probs to speak of, just the usual little probs you have with all trucks.

I’m getting about 8 mpg at the mo pulling a powder tanker running at 40 tons most of the time, with a mix of urban and motorway, think the others are about 7mpg, but they have a truck mounted blower to run for about 1 hr per day.

cheers lads, sounds like it will be ok then, still got the r series but our older 4 series ( we have 2 trucks) got rolled & written off in june so we needed a replacement.
yes will be going over the water, its also a low ride mega chassis, pick it up next sat so i will post a report a week or so later lol

paul