Volvo F89 FJO 522S

Hi, does anybody have any info about this truck, it’s a Volvo F89 that was used in the UK and then exported, it now back in the UK and being restored. Se photos are on the post “Bollies Bangers”

Cheers,

Chris

G’day,

It’s great to see that the old '89’s have been brought back from Spain.

I was sure I’d seen that rego number before and yep sure enough here she is. The pic is from Patrick Dyers book about 88’s and 89’s

And yep it’s one of Bubb’s pics,copy right applys and the image is his property.

Good work Jamie, proves what a great resource Trucknet can be.

I had KJO 667 N from new bought from Dawsons in Leighton Buzzard by H.G.Brown & Son. someone will tell us where the JO reg comes from (Oxon?)

LB76:
I had KJO 667 N from new bought from Dawsons in Leighton Buzzard by H.G.Brown & Son. someone will tell us where the JO reg comes from (Oxon?)

Both the old system, 1962 to 73 and later 1974 to 2001 used JO to designate Oxford

When the call went out to find FJO522S I thought that the reg number was familiar.

After finding the old girl,I was sure I’d seen the rego some where elso and then today I found this. Not the same truck,but a very close reg number.

Isn’t FJ a Devon reg?

Anyone know what happened to 'Battle Bones" He had some great gear Bill Humphreys

NZ JAMIE:
When the call went out to find FJO522S I thought that the reg number was familiar. Isn’t FJ a Devon reg?0

FJ could well be a Devon reg Jamie…But This is a JO (Oxfordshire) reg which is an ex Dawson Freight motor :wink:

Trev.