INFO ON F88/89 REG No HVN 396N

jimbotruck:

tetragaz:
hi all

anybody got any info or pics on this motor, i have 1 pic off euro-wheels.com.

cheers
gaz

Hi there, the F89 in question is still owned by Jimmy Hacking and is tucked away in a barn awaiting a full restoration.

Unfortunately, Jimmy had a bad accident about 6 weeks ago, (he fell from the roof of his house and suffered a terrible head injury). I am going to see Jim in the Hospital this Evening. I will post back on here and let you all know how he is.

Jimbo.

Hi Folks, an update on Jim Hacking;

Sadly Jim passed away about 4 months ago after being left permanently disabled from his accident, his old F89 is for sale on ebay at the moment.

Such a shame as anyone who knew him would know he was a really nice and pleasant man.

RIP Jim.

here is the link the lorry is for sale on ebay at the moment
ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-F89-TRA … 6948052119

RIP Jim, met you a time or two over the years, the TIR park in the sky awaits…

Just had a flash back & remembered Jim telling me he’d done something to the diffs in that lorry, the flash back is’nt knowing what he’d done but it gave it a big boost top end wise, anyone know■■?

fly sheet:
Just had a flash back & remembered Jim telling me he’d done something to the diffs in that lorry, the flash back is’nt knowing what he’d done but it gave it a big boost top end wise, anyone know■■?

Probably changed them for higher ratio ones as being a Sunters ballast tractor it would have likely been geared down for heavier weights.
Neil.

I’m sat here driving meself mad, I’m sure he’d had something welded up inside the diffs :question: :bulb:

R.I.P Mr Hacking :frowning: :frowning:

its mine if i win the euro millions tonight, if i do win it will be fully restored but kept in the same colours as tribute to jim.

cheers
gaz

jimbotruck:

jimbotruck:

tetragaz:
hi all

cheers
gaz

Hi there, the F89 in question is still owned by Jimmy Hacking and is tucked away in a barn awaiting a full restoration.

Unfortunately, Jimmy had a bad accident about 6 weeks ago, (he fell from the roof of his house and suffered a terrible head injury). I am going to see Jim in the Hospital this Evening. I will post back on here and let you all know how he is.

Jimbo.

Sadly Jim passed away about 4 months ago after being left permanently disabled from his accident, his old F89 is for sale on ebay at the moment.

Such a shame as anyone who knew him would know he was a really nice and pleasant man.

RIP Jim.

I am very sad to hear this news about Jimmy, such a great bloke and one of the many who are leaving us at a very rapid rate.

I always hoped I would bump into him again and certainly didn’t expect this news :open_mouth:

RIP Jim

pete 359:
hi,
if i remember correctly? this 89 was after it’s days with sunters, then bought by jim hacking from horwich near bolton lancashire and used on the middle east run.i know john weaver from poole has the remains :smiley: of an ex sunter’s f89,this may be the one?hope this helps.
regards andrew

One of John weavers Volvos from behind!

And the cabs.

hi airpikey,
the inner f89 in your photo (with roofrack)is an ex sunters motor naj■■?
regards andrew.

Wheel Nut:

jimbotruck:

jimbotruck:

tetragaz:
hi all

cheers
gaz

Jimbo.

RIP Jim.

I am very sad to hear this news about Jimmy, such a great bloke and one of the many who are leaving us at a very rapid rate.

I always hoped I would bump into him again and certainly didn’t expect this news :open_mouth:

RIP Jim

Jim was in good health and had just passed his medical before his accident, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Jimmy did`nt deserve to go the way he did, I used to really enjoy talking to him about the old days, gutted.

fly sheet:
I’m sat here driving meself mad, I’m sure he’d had something welded up inside the diffs :question: :bulb:

I remember Jim telling me something about welding the diffs, cant remember exactly what it was though :neutral_face: :neutral_face: .

jimbotruck:

Jim was in good health and had just passed his medical before his accident, so sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Jimmy did`nt deserve to go the way he did, I used to really enjoy talking to him about the old days, gutted.

I was asked today if Jim was any relation to Doug Hacking (Bolton Motorcycle Dealer & Racer) Doug died in 2007 and his children Grant and Susan now work for another motorbike dealer in Blackburn.

Wheel Nut:

jimbotruck:

I was asked today if Jim was any relation to Doug Hacking (Bolton Motorcycle Dealer & Racer) Doug died in 2007 and his children Grant and Susan now work for another motorbike dealer in Blackburn.

This question has been asked before, but as far as I know the 2 chaps are not related.

jimbotruck:

Wheel Nut:

jimbotruck:

This question has been asked before, but as far as I know the 2 chaps are not related.

Cheers for that. I remember a discussion about Roy Hacking on the Fred Snaylam & Kenny Harvey thread

Cor Poldervaart did a painting of Jim’s Volvo for me, I’ll try to uplaod a picture

VOLVO f89 UITSNEDE MET TEKST 10 PRC.jpg

hi all

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:
hi all

cheers
gaz

The enquiry is complete
The vehicle details for HVN 396N are:

Date of Liability 01 04 2011
Date of First Registration 02 04 1975
Year of Manufacture 1975
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 0CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour WHITE

Something is happening to it as it is on a current SORN.

Unfortunately even the DVLA do not know whether it is an F88 or F89 :laughing:

But I do, it is a Volvo F89 6x4 Ballasted tractor HVN 396N originally operated by Sunters :wink:

it gets a mention half way down the page in red …

tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Sunters

is this the one …?

flickr.com/photos/a-l-e-s/47 … 199718@N23