Volvo Dealers

Dropping down the big hill on Monday on my way into Inverness noticed smoke bellowing out of my o/s drive axle wheels so pulls up got out to take a look and noticed oil coming out between the wheels, phoned our fitter who said its probably an oil seal gone and sent me straight around to Volvo. When they jacked the wagon up they found the wheel bearing had collapsed and all the smoke was off where the oil got onto the brake pads. They had to phone around to get a new bearing and the closest place was the Volvo dealer in Aberdeen, it arrived at 1030 the following day, when i went in to see the garage foreman he said its pointless this shift starting the repair we will wait for the backshift to start it at 1430, when i asked why he said incase they dont complete the job and a diffrent fitter has to pick up where the other fitter left the job :open_mouth: , ok then i said, didn’t complain as i am on salary so went back upto Woodys lorry park again for my dinner, anyway 6hours later the job was complete :smiley: but by then it was to late to deliver any of my load so stayed the night again in Volvos yard and bloody hell it was freezing. My question is with it being a main dealer i would have thought they would have parts like that on the shelf, why dont they? or surely there would have been a place nearer who do wheel bearings. And to cap it off had flat batteries the following day due to night heater pumping away all night so all in all an eventfull week for me.

one of the main dealers that i use hardly ever has parts on the shelf for what i am wanting :confused:

Garages normally only stock parts which fail “regularly”.Obviously rear wheel bearing failure on Volvos isn’t a common thing.If it was they would have them in stock.
Also,they would want to sell a genuine Volvo part.They could have nipped round to the local bearing supplier and got one at a fraction of the price and you would have been on the road a lot quicker.

Mate works for a ford dealer and says the use the JIT(Just in Time) system how that works for break downs i have no idea lol
Its all to do with having cash ■■■■■■■ on stock shelfs waiting on a break down !

Just try breaking down in Spain or Greece with a problem which is RHD-specific such as a gear linkage if you want to wait a while for the spares to arrive.

Fallmonk you are wrong about JIT…the meaning is “jesus its there”

as an ex fitter steve,the question id be asking is why “one” shift has to start and complete a job.as you are “the customer”,surely time is of the esscence.if all mechanics are trained to volvo standards,why cant one pick up where the other left off,with a de-breifing.my expierences with "main dealers"over the last few weeks leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to customer service,from the arrogant attitude of the service desk,to the "computer says no"mechanics. :frowning: