Broken VAIN

This was caused by

this

that in turn caused this

that resulted in this

Mr vain suffered wheel bearing failiure last night, trying to limp home and the heat was too much for the tyre. So if you had a hold up on the A12 last night it was Mr Vain. Not gonna be cheap. Fed up. :unamused: :unamused:

Ah sugar, thats a bit of a ■■■■■ Mr.B!
How long’s the fix going to take?

Alex

Don’t think i’ll be on the road till at least tuesday night. ■■■■■■ off.

oh no bad luck mate hope it don’t cost the earth to fix . i hate it when bad things happen to nice ppl :frowning:

oops…had a wheel bearing done on mine this week, rear one, needed a new hub! 1300 of your English pounds!!! Just for the hub.

keep your chin up mate…pete

“Mr vain suffered wheel bearing failiure last night, trying to limp home and the heat was too much for the tyre.”

Don’t think I’ve ever seen metal discoloured after a front end wheel bearing failure like your pics show. By the time that you are aware of a steer axle wheel bearing problem the only limping you can do is extremely limited, like a few hundred yards, the fact you know there’s a problem means the bearing is on the point of self destruction, if it hasn’t done so already .

Anyway, respect for having the bottle to admit to this, they say you pay to learn, let’s pray for a miracle and hope the inner track hasn’t taken the stub out.

One more thing, bite the bullet and pull the other side down before you put it back on the road. It’s probably taken just as much stick as the one that’s failed.

Good Luck, Sellia.

Oh Bugger!

Sorry to hear about it mate…sounds expensive :cry:

sellia:
“Mr vain suffered wheel bearing failiure last night, trying to limp home and the heat was too much for the tyre.”

Don’t think I’ve ever seen metal discoloured after a front end wheel bearing failure like your pics show. By the time that you are aware of a steer axle wheel bearing problem the only limping you can do is extremely limited, like a few hundred yards, the fact you know there’s a problem means the bearing is on the point of self destruction, if it hasn’t done so already .

Anyway, respect for having the bottle to admit to this, they say you pay to learn, let’s pray for a miracle and hope the inner track hasn’t taken the stub out.

One more thing, bite the bullet and pull the other side down before you put it back on the road. It’s probably taken just as much stick as the one that’s failed.

Good Luck, Sellia.

Had i of been at the helm i would of made the call for recovery, but i weren’t and had to rely on someone elses word. Lessons learnt all round. I’ve no shame about admitting mistakes, my mistake could be someone elses lesson.

Oh my God Rob. That is not good. No wonder you are pee’d off. Not having alot of luck lately are ya■■? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I’d have cried, and I don’t mean as a figure of speech, I mean proper snotty nose and tears. How did the cab airbag shear off ?.

sorry mate ide have come out and got ya on lowloader ring next time :cry:

Sorry to hear and see your troubles Rob. Hope your luck changes soon mate.

Keep your chin up Rob :sunglasses: :wink: :wink:

Thank you each and everyone of you for yr kind words. I’ve got no idea how much this is going to cost. It’s gonna sting a bit, not a clue how much recovery is gonna cost. Nobody was hurt so for that i’m grateful, just my pride and i fear for Mr.Vains precious paintwork cos i suspect its going to be marked. My stainless fabricator Yogi thinks he can salvage the front bar but it could be a while. Tomorrow i’ll know more. Thanks again everyone x

Tough one Rob. Hope you get back in the saddle without to much delay.

We’re you not driving it at the time ?

Dids:
We’re you not driving it at the time ?

No mate, i have a saturday man. I think that i do enough during the week plus it maintains that i don’t exceed driving hours.

I was thinking about this after seeing your pics, and this is no disrespect to your saturday driver in any way. Out of everyone I know that drives there are only 2 blokes I would trust to drive my own motor if I had one.

i have warned you before:
NO BLING BELOW BUMPER LEVEL! :unamused:
oh well you are not alone,this guy stopped when the abs light came on.an expensive tow home and a whole lot of work…very common on daf’s.not seen many scania’s that way inflicted.

ps…sorry for your misfortune.there’s little warning with modern bearings(one peice bearings),the abs light is an instant clue of wheel bearing failure.especially if it comes on after a corner.hope to see you around again soon.