Volvo cab height question

could any anorak :smiley: tell me the height to top of cab (not fairing) on a Globetrotter XL cab please? cannot seem to find a drawing on the net and dealers are unsure it would appear!

i know it could vary slightly due to suspension etc but basically i mean a tractor unit

According to Volvo website, it says 3.3m for FH, but does not say which cab variant.

Easiest way is find one parked up and get the tape measure out!

3842mm according to Volvo. http://www.volvo.com/NR/rdonlyres/7F7C2C45-5533-4388-88B0-ABD608D62B56/0/FH6x2Tractorpusher.pdf

Volvo FH, Gobetrotter XL. Work on approx 4.0 metres.
If an exhaust stack is fitted, this may be higher than the cab roof / cab fairing.

On this basis, it’s wise to check cab height & exhaust if a stack is fitted.

leehellcat:
3842mm according to Volvo. http://www.volvo.com/NR/rdonlyres/7F7C2C45-5533-4388-88B0-ABD608D62B56/0/FH6x2Tractorpusher.pdf

yep i’d found that thanks lee - only thing is the 3300mm is to top of air intake on a flattop cab, so would probably be 32??mm plus 542mm - as i’ve said to others on here before I’ll have to make a trip and actually measure it i suppose :unamused:

Looking at a Standard Globby FH hooked up to a Euro-liner, it looks to be about 3.8 metres.
That would seem to be about normal for a top height cab mate, just below the max’ height for Europe.
So you can put a spec’ frame under the front, pick it up, just clear of the road to tow it and be just clear of 4.0m bridges etc maybe ■■

it’s just that i need it pretty much to the centimetre - need a beacon fitting but don’t want to be setting off any silly alarms by being over 4.00m, only solution is to get the ladder out i suppose

jj72:
it’s just that i need it pretty much to the centimetre - need a beacon fitting but don’t want to be setting off any silly alarms by being over 4.00m, only solution is to get the ladder out i suppose

Looks like it mate.

jj72:

Does it have to be on the roof JJ ?

seen em on visors and light bars :smiley:

it does really MM - in most countries (where rules are enforced, not like here!) they must be visible around 270 degrees, and I want to mount rear worklights on it too

jj72:
it does really MM - in most countries (where rules are enforced, not like here!)[/b] they must be visible around 270 degrees, and I want to mount rear worklights on it too
[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I used to have a slimline set on top of my Topline and that was still under 4 M
Still best you get up them ladders to be sure :laughing:
or ask Scanny for tips on vehicle height measurement :laughing: :wink:

jj72:
it does really MM - in most countries (where rules are enforced, not like here!) they must be visible around 270 degrees, and I want to mount rear worklights on it too

Have all the beacons fitted got to be visible from 270’, I’ve got mine on mounted on top of the mirror arms using aerial mounts, beacons on a cab roof on a country road lined with low trees don’t mix to well :blush: .

Anyway, you see Gobstoppers with those auxillary air con units mounted on the top, so theres probably enough room for a lightbar :sunglasses: .

it’s one of those things which is specified but fairly unlikely to be checked - but you do sometimes get an uppity gendarme or polizist Big Joe, and to get refused to move for a technicality would be a disaster most times :cry:

you’re right MM - i’ll book scanny to come give me a masterclass :laughing: :laughing: