volvo fh globetrotter
fh globetrotter xl
fm globetrotter
topline scania
high line scania
merc mega space cab
daf super space cab
daf space cab
as i need to find a truck with a good size cab (as it will be double maned) that i can get under a 3.8m 12ft.6 bridge for a new contract i have been offered
cheers

Never measured the units height as the trailer is always higher :smiley:
But our FM rigids are 13’1".

swiller:
can any one tell me the height of a few trucks,
volvo fh globetrotter
fh globetrotter xl
fm globetrotter
topline scania
high line scania
merc mega space cab
daf super space cab
daf space cab
as i need to find a truck with a good size cab (as it will be double maned) that i can get under a 3.8m 12ft.6 bridge for a new contract i have been offered
cheers

A DAF superspace cab is 3675mm 3.675. I think you will get all the cabs under a 3.8 bridge but without a spoiler kit. Don’t forget the trailer and if the road has a dip

ckm1981:
Never measured the units height as the trailer is always higher :smiley:
But our FM rigids are 13’1".

i think the op means cab hights!
volvo fhxl is under 13ft but dont recall to be exact!

Wheel Nut:

swiller:
can any one tell me the height of a few trucks,
volvo fh globetrotter
fh globetrotter xl
fm globetrotter
topline scania
high line scania
merc mega space cab
daf super space cab
daf space cab
cheers

A DAF superspace cab is 3675mm 3.675. I think you will get all the cabs under a 3.8 bridge but without a spoiler kit. Don’t forget the trailer and if the road has a dip

it will have a flat trailer so im ok that way,

This is the bridge on the way into the old Patterson Tankers yard in Batley and you could get an FH Globetrotter under it with a road barrel behind

Mirfield.JPG

We have a Daf Space cab, without the roof spoiler it’d fit alright.

Merc Megaspace MP1/2/3 with airkit runs at 12’6" with the top deflector in the lowest position, the new MP4 has different upper roof heights depending on spec all with a flat floor.

topliner 13’ 3" with axle up 13 down

I reckon any cab will sit at 3.8m if you use low profile tyres. (Just about)

Maximum height is 4m in Europe (without having to divert off motorway for bridges) which is why you see all foreigners on motorways with lacky band tyres and tops of mud guards thrown out to pack the trailer down as far as possible.

MAN TGX’s give great space, but not quite 100% flat floor, merc actros cabs similar size except they give a 100% proper flat floor.

Flat floor even more important than the big cab IMO.

daf cf 12’ 6" with the roof deflector fully down

If you cant fight, wear a big cab :stuck_out_tongue:

Short Daf.jpg

That body must have come off another truck it looks mental.
Bit like that topline 8 wheel muck tipper

Wheel Nut:
This is the bridge on the way into the old Patterson Tankers yard in Batley and you could get an FH Globetrotter under it with a road barrel behind

Its 35 years since Patterson’s ran out of Batley and no bridges, that pic is Newgate, Mirfield :smiley: