Very jealous!

Just had a look at the photos of the Nordic Trophy in Sweden on this quality website, Toprun. http://www.toprun.ch/truck/latest_news.htm The vehicles are amazing, i wish i could drive them!

Why jealous, a truck is nothing more than a tool to do your job with.

You don’t have builders bling their trowell and fitting spotlights to it do you.

Does having lights leather interiors and frilly curtains make your job any easier, no it doesn’t, what it usually means is you gety payed less for driving it to pay for the bling.

Why do you condemn him for taking an interest in modified trucks? :confused:

This has been argued on this site for years, maybe its time to get over that some people dont follow your outlook on life. :laughing:

Are drivers that decide to spend their own wages on accessoires for their bosses truck, paid less then their colleague, who doesnt spend their money on the bosses truck?

:unamused: :unamused:

Yeh I agree look at my old truck I put a roof and chimney on the back and noone seemd to think It was agood idea what a babe she was, front fog lights and green wheels should have won loads of prizes but sadly the chimney upset the judges.

i think it was the matching wheels, if you had only put one green one on, you would have walked away with the prizes :wink:

jammymutt:

Yeh I agree look at my old truck I put a roof and chimney on the back and noone seemd to think It was agood idea what a babe she was, front fog lights and green wheels should have won loads of prizes but sadly the chimney upset the judges.

if i were a judge id place you in 1st all the time. I reckon the slates on the roof need to be cleaned up a bit tough and maybe a bit of smoke from the chimney then she would be purring lol

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

You don’t have builders bling their trowell and fitting spotlights to it do you.

Does having lights leather interiors and frilly curtains make your job any easier, no it doesn’t, what it usually means is you gety payed less for driving it to pay for the bling.

I think you’ve missed something off of yr hate list on yr signiture, you best add, i hate anyone who takes pride in their proffession!

Does having lights leather interiors and frilly curtains make your job any easier, no it doesn’t, what it usually means is you gety payed less for driving it to pay for the bling.[/quote

I think you will find that builders DO bling the trowel they will always buy the best on the market to do there job better…You obviously drive a bog standerd truck and are VERY jealous of people with nice looking trucks.
If they want to bling the truck what concern of yours is it!!

MR VAIN:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

I think you’ve missed something off of yr hate list on yr signiture, you best add, i hate anyone who takes pride in their proffession!

Amen to that !. That is what it’s about, pride. If you don’t care about being a lorry driver, that’s up to you. All the bells and whistles don’t make it easier, just more pleasant.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

its called being proud of what you drive, i have an 02 plate foden 3000 and its not been looked after very well tbh (not by me though) but i wash it every day and i get the comments from folk whats the point in washing it though some of the guys who have 08 plate dafs do the same but they lok after thier motor.

if i had amotor like those int he link i ddefo be with it all the time cleaning it etc, i would love to drive a decent truck but alas i dont. one day :smiley:

gogzy:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

its called being proud of what you drive, i have an 02 plate foden 3000 and its not been looked after very well tbh (not by me though) but i wash it every day and i get the comments from folk whats the point in washing it though some of the guys who have 08 plate dafs do the same but they lok after thier motor.

if i had amotor like those int he link i ddefo be with it all the time cleaning it etc, i would love to drive a decent truck but alas i dont. one day :smiley:

The 3000? were they the really big cabbed motors>?

acceptme:

jammymutt:

if i were a judge id place you in 1st all the time. I reckon the slates on the roof need to be cleaned up a bit tough and maybe a bit of smoke from the chimney then she wo
uld be purring lol

would have left the ariel on the chimbly for full efect

MR VAIN:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

I do take pride in my proffession, just cause i don’t fairy-ise my truck. I can’t see why someone should get jealous because someone drives a mobile christmas tree

Deepinvet:

[/quote

I think you will find that builders DO bling the trowel they will always buy the best on the market to do there job better…You obviously drive a bog standerd truck and are VERY jealous of people with nice looking trucks.
If they want to bling the truck what concern of yours is it!!

if you say so, how long have you known me?

It’s no concern of mine, if someone wants to spend their hard earned on bling let them.

But I have an opinion and am allowed to voice it, or is a differing opinion to yours not allowed.

robv8:
Why do you condemn him for taking an interest in modified trucks? :confused:

This has been argued on this site for years, maybe its time to get over that some people dont follow your outlook on life. :laughing:

Are drivers that decide to spend their own wages on accessoires for their bosses truck, paid less then their colleague, who doesnt spend their money on the bosses truck?

:unamused: :unamused:

What I actually said was you tend to get payed less if the boss spends money on the motor, that is the case i’ve found over the years.

Mr Vain wrote

Just because we don’t bolt on a load of bllcks on our motors , have pitpony curtains and hang cr*p in the windscreens does’nt mean we don’t take pride in our jobs we just take the money home to look after the family and more holidays away from a mobile shoebox :laughing: :laughing:

Blimey someone has a bit of an attitude, chill out man, you’re sounding like one of those blokes that gets bullied by his wife so has to give it the Charlie Big Potatoes routine to prove his masculinity when he’s around real men & I’m sure that’s not the case :laughing:

Grasshopper never mentioned being jealous & never said anything about frilly curtains, nor ■■■■ poor wages or anything else for that matter, what he did say was that the pictures on Toprun were very good & he wishes he could drive something like that, well I make him right, some of them motors are sheer works of art & promote our industry to the general public, i’d take one of them over that yellow daf any day, sorry jammymutt :laughing: :laughing:

PS what are pit pony curtains?

Curtains across the side windows so you can’t see were you’ve been ie pitpony

Mr Vain - The 3000 series was the cab that was so small you had to tilt the passenger seat forward at night so you could poke your feet out the window…I used to do a week away in one of them…shudder:open_mouth: :cry: :wink:

MR VAIN:

gogzy:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:

The 3000? were they the really big cabbed motors>?

well this ones big but its just a big day cab, no bed etc but then again i dont do very much right now,