Vehicle Marker plate?

Please forgive my ignorance but can anybody tell me what the round green plate with the large letter “L” on the front of some continental trucks is for.

Regards, T.

Its to denote that the vehicle reaches the legal noise requirements for Austria. Its stands for “Langshultz” or something very similar.

Not sure if it is relevant to other EU countries as well but im pretty sure that it used to be a legal requirement to drive in or transit through Austria.

Someone else will be shortly be along to confirm, correct or flame me!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Soredian:
Please forgive my ignorance but can anybody tell me what the round green plate with the large letter “L” on the front of some continental trucks is for.

Regards, T.

Like this?
Volvo16a.jpg

Ross.

bullitt:
Its to denote that the vehicle reaches the legal noise requirements for Austria. Its stands for “Langshultz” or something very similar.

Not sure if it is relevant to other EU countries as well but im pretty sure that it used to be a legal requirement to drive in or transit through Austria.

Someone else will be shortly be along to confirm, correct or flame me!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

Lärmschutz

It used to mean that the vehicle complyed with the Low noise requirements. Innsbrucke / Brenner Pass. But this may now be outdated information.
regards.

Thanks guys, now I know something my mates dont. I am a retired trucker living in France near Perpignan.

Regards, Tom

on this subject does anyone know what a “u” in a green plate means,
there was a driver looking for directions in our place the other day and his truck had a l and a u on the front,
it was a welsh truck judging by the red dragon on the number plate, cant remember the company name :question:

Soredian:
Thanks guys, now I know something my mates dont. I am a retired trucker living in France near Perpignan.

Regards, Tom

You lucky bugger, i love that region. have spent many a happy hour investigating the Cathar ruins

saxo:
there was a driver looking for directions in our place the other day and his truck had a l and a u on the front,
it was a welsh truck judging by the red dragon on the number plate, cant remember the company name :question:

It is again for Austria and while The ‘L’ is just a low noise vehicle the ‘U’ denotes a low noise/low emission vehicle.

Coffeeholic:

saxo:

It is again for Austria and while The ‘L’ is just a low noise vehicle the ‘U’ denotes a low noise/low emission vehicle.

cheers coffee!
my god that driver must be ■■■■■■ off being sent to cork when he could have been in europe :slight_smile:

saxo:

Coffeeholic:

saxo:

cheers coffee!
my god that driver must been ■■■■■■ off being sent to cork when he could have been in europe :slight_smile:

I’ve just checked and Cork is indeed in Europe! I had a feeling it was. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Coffeeholic:

saxo:

Coffeeholic:

saxo:

cheers coffee!
my god that driver must been ■■■■■■ off being sent to cork when he could have been in europe :slight_smile:

I’ve just checked and Cork is indeed in Europe! I had a feeling it was. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

LOL!!! right you do have a point :blush:

i meant “proper europe”! :slight_smile: