Euro truck markings

What do those green circular discs with letters in (eg L or U) on european trucks mean? I’ve tried searching this site as i’m sure this has been asked before but couldn’t find an appropriate thread.

Thanks

well the L on front of my truck means “Larmarm” =noise reduced so i can drive nights through Austria
The motor is “insulated” and you must carry special papers from the manufacter or its “stop were you are” after 10PM in Austria
Geoff

I believe i read somewhere the U is for Ultra Clean diesel…
some countries have concessions if you use a “green” truck…

Logistics Loader:
I believe i read somewhere the U is for Ultra Clean diesel…
some countries have concessions if you use a “green” truck…

does that mean DHL can’t go there since they have yellow trucks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gbtransp:
well the L on front of my truck means “Larmarm” =noise reduced so i can drive nights through Austria
The motor is “insulated” and you must carry special papers from the manufacter or its “stop were you are” after 10PM in Austria
Geoff

Well I’ve learnt something new today, because I didn’t know that.

So who can tell me Iceland at Deeside started doing European deliveries as they have an FM12 with a green circular ‘L’ on the front of it just like the continental wagons. :confused: :laughing:

Rob K:

gbtransp:
Geoff

Well I’ve learnt something new today, because I didn’t know that.

So who can tell me Iceland at Deeside started doing European deliveries as they have an FM12 with a green circular ‘L’ on the front of it just like the continental wagons. :confused: :laughing:

Yeah! me too, days not a total right off then :wink:

gbtransp:
Geoff

Mine has that too. It has “Super Green Certification”, which also means that we have to fit particular makes and types(models?) of tyre to the wagon and trailer, which create little road noise. As well as having the insulated engine/gearbox and quiet exhaust. The "Super Green Cert’ " has to be renewed each year as part of the MOT test.

:slight_smile: The plate on a truck’s front grille with the letter ‘U’ on it is the europe - wide recognised sign for Unterhosen ( underpants. )

It shows a car driver in a side turning who is about to pull across the path of a loaded artic, 50 metres away and approaching at 40mph that the trucker has with him at least one clean pair to change into after the inevitable happens. :blush:
…( I think )
:wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

On a similar note about our European cousins trucks…

Why do the French trucks have 60/80/100 discs on them then?

Ken.

Quinny:
On a similar note about our European cousins trucks…

Why do the French trucks have 60/80/100 discs on them then?

Ken.

max speed on different classes of roads
it is 60/80/90 for france
70/80 in italy red and white circle
jon

Deesider:
:slight_smile: The plate on a truck’s front grille with the letter ‘U’ on it is the europe - wide recognised sign for Unterhosen ( underpants. )

It shows a car driver in a side turning who is about to pull across the path of a loaded artic, 50 metres away and approaching at 40mph that the trucker has with him at least one clean pair to change into after the inevitable happens. :blush:
…( I think )

Best thing ever written on here!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

gbtransp:
Geoff

Typed ‘Larmarm’ into google, got a german speaking forum, managed to translate some of it (my German is not as good as it was!) and found some info out. Many thanks, it seems to be environmentally based, hence green discs.

Deesider:

…( I think )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ok
here are all the “Green Stickers”

“L” = Lärmarm (noise reduced) without this you are not allowed to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“G” = Gerauscharm (low noise) for vehs up to 80db not reconised in Austria, forbidden to drive in Austria between 10pm and 5am

“S” = Schadstoffarm (low emission) only for Austrian platted trucks

“U” = underpants :smiley: Only for Austria ,combination of “L”+“S” better known as “green lorries”

Geoff

So who can tell me Iceland at Deeside started doing European deliveries as they have an FM12 with a green circular ‘L’ on the front of it just like the continental wagons

I was in Dunlop today Rob, and there was a Roadways TGa with a container, he had czech republik and slovakia, slovenia, bulgaria stickers on his bumper. I reckon he was either an ex caravan owner or a gippo :smiley:

As i walked past I noticed he had India on his tyres, so I knew then he was a proper trucker :stuck_out_tongue: