Numbers and Letters on lorries

Hi there. I am new to the world of trucking and have seen numerous lorries with a green circle that has letters within. Just wondering what these are? I understand some are to do with emissions and noise levels in Austria but does anyone have a full list of all of the signs?
Thanks

I was told it was something to do with what engine (Euro whatever) it was and it was for Germany.

The green L is for Austria, it means the vehicle meets the low noise requirements to allow driving at night.
The green d is for Italy and means the vehicle is exempt from the Sunday driving ban.
Can’t remember off the top of my head what the a stands for, but probably along similar lines to the d.
You’ll often see the euro emissions on a green circle on the front in Roman numerals (V = euro 5, VI = euro 6 etc). This is again required for certain routes in Austria.

Thank you :smiley:

AJF is spot on…

the frc and date is for its atp certificate, which mines you can carry perisable good across country borders

you can just see mine in the top corner, mine runs out this month and its £288 to renew it :imp: only takes 15 minutes as well

burnley-si:
the frc and date is for its atp certificate, which mines you can carry perisable good across country borders

you can just see mine in the top corner, mine runs out this month and its £288 to renew it :imp: only takes 15 minutes as well

You’re just showing off your nice shiny truck aren’t you !! GRRRR :smiley:

What do the S and L ones mean that you see on the back of all those Waeberer trucks going about the UK these days?

Waberers.jpg

Winseer:
What do the S and L ones mean that you see on the back of all those Waeberer trucks going about the UK these days?

Low standards :stuck_out_tongue:

OVLOV JAY:

Winseer:

Or smash & leave.

L…S…Latvian Stobart… :smiley:

Even though theyre a Hungarian company.

Okay after doing some digging
L=Lärmarm- Noise Reduced, This means the lorry is fitted with some kind of siliencing kit to the brakes and exhaust. Without this you cannot travel in Austria between 10pm and 5am
G= Gerauscharm- Low noise, The lorry is over 80db and cannot travel in Austria between 10pm and 5am
S= Schadstoffarm Low Emissions (Only found on Austrian trucks)
V= Euro 5
VI= Euro 6
K= Kombiverkehr, A vehicle/trailer that can travel on both road and rail.
That is all I can find but if anyone knows of any others let me know and I will try and find out :smiley:

bald bloke:

OVLOV JAY:

Winseer:

Or smash & leave.

The first time I saw one of their trucks out I thought “how on earth do they get people to drive a truck with a mobile phone company logo on the side; must make them sitting ducks”.

OVLOV JAY:

Winseer:

live side…suicide :slight_smile: