Van den bosch still looking

drivingjobs.co.uk/j_2419/hgv … -edinburgh

Try this link for those looking to get a foot in the door for Euro work, taking on newly qualified drivers.
Work for a decent company offering full and extensive training, paying good rates and good quality of work all over Europe
Also listed in driver vacancy section

I met Okey-Didley-Dokley this weekend and the things he was saying about working for this company were only positive. He seems very happy with his decision to work for them and it sounds like you could do a lot worse. Wouldn’t mind giving it a go myself as they seem to get about a bit but don’t live in the right area any more.

Does sound a good job… Only thing that hamper me is being shifted form lorry to lorry with any sort of posessions you may have trying to oooomph them around all the time and possibly going from a decent lorry to a ■■■■■■■■ of a lorry when you come back from your week off…

Hi guys in reply to what you have just mentioned, the answer is there are 4 drivers on a cycle of 3 trucks, I am with Okley, Kevin and Alan we share the 3 trucks and have a responsibility of keeping them clean and liveable we are all UK drivers we dont get different wagons, so the buck stops with the last man on the wagon so we have come to an agreement to keep them clean between us. I think the area don’t really matter as they have guys from Leeds and other areas down south, if you have the aptitude and the rite attitude they may just give you a go. The job is much the same as UK tanker work, I am on dry powder and the work is good, dont get me wrong there are some bad bits but as they say its swings and roundabouts its the same with any job, with dry powder there can be a fair bit of waiting around loading and discharging, but all in all the jobs a good Un!!
I have spoken to the guys on liquids and they are pretty much of the same opinion as us guys. They are a good employer who take the time to train you and look after you relatively well.

I have an interview with them next week so would appreciate any interview tips from the guys that have recently started!
So far have only heard good things about them, but what are the downsides (if any). Have done euro before so used to the 3-4 weeks away. Would be interested to know what the average weekly wage is working out as.

Hi guys, this all sounds good, well for the time being!. You are all CHEAP LABOUR ask any vdb or De muelemeester driver, they get rid of the dutch drivers to take you guys on, they will shaft you too !!!

Tankman:
Hi guys, this all sounds good, well for the time being!. You are all CHEAP LABOUR ask any vdb or De muelemeester driver, they get rid of the dutch drivers to take you guys on, they will shaft you too !!!

I wondered what year you worked for them, was it recently?

Tankman:

At least they tell you that honest during interviews, and explain the situation.
Nothing to hide :wink:
And why would they shaft you, if they want to use East Europeen, they have a Hungarian company to supply drivers.

Or maybe they should wait until the likes as Pawtrans and Kralowetz take all the tanker transport over, and there will be not one west Europeen working than?

I don’t know

By the way Tankman, do you buy your diesel at the most expensive pump■■? for the reason that you want to sponsor BP because they are British, or do you fill up your car/truck in Dover before you go to France to support the British economy■■?

DO YOU :question:

Don’t make me roll over from laughing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He Tankman, I gave it another thought and I realised IT’S ALL YOUR FOLD!!! :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

You and only you are the reason that haulage companies are looking for cheaper options :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Because you are not willing to pay more for your products you buy, or do you :question: :question: :question:

Are you the one who only buys suits made by British tailors, and made of Welsh or Scottish wool, or do you buy jeans and T-shirts made by underpaid people anywhere in the world :question:
I guess you wear handmade shoes made in Brittian, by British people, or are you buying from the likes of Clarks etc who produce in the country which can do it at the cheapest rate :question:
Your watch is defiantly not made in Japan, Korea, China or Turkey, because thay defies work from British workers, so you pay a grand for a watch while 50 pound would have done :question:
You don’t own a laptop, mobile phone, or TV set, or any other electronic gadget, because they are all made by American and West Europeen companies who use countries where people get paid substantial less than in their home countries :question:
Of course you bought a Rover when Longbridge was drowning, because they couldn’t compete with anything else in the world. :exclamation:
Whatever you buy you always check that the plastic is not made by Total, because they use cheeper “foreign” workers to keep prices down :question:

Of couse I could name a 1000 examples more, and if you can say you always bought the more expensive homemade option, you can have that judgement over any company.
If not than you are only opening your mouth and let your belly rumble :exclamation:

The Market demands companies to price much sharper than years before, and the Market that is YOU, Me and everybody else, don’t blame, do something to change, or stick up with it.

Tankman:

From my recent conversation with a British driver working for them I don’t think there was anything cheap about his labour, the rewards seemed pretty good for the work. And if he was being shafted I couldn’t see it.

Was just wondering could Tankman be just jealous… …maybe he’s been on interview as well but wasn’t considered good enough for the company… …for whatever reason… …or something… …who knows, who really cares…