UPS Multidrop drivers

Does anyone know what sort of money UPS 7.5t multidrop drivers earn ?

I’ve been told its close to £13p/h…■■

Is this correct

matt01:

Is this correct

£13 p/h might be the overtime rate, i seen a UPS job advert for 7.5t drivers a while back and it was paying £9 p/h. it also said you had to be able to do 75 calls a day :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

selby newcomer:
it also said you had to be able to do 75 calls a day :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Santa could do that easy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

brados:

selby newcomer:
it also said you had to be able to do 75 calls a day :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Santa could do that easy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When I was on with TNT, I used to do about 120 drops a day and 17 collections.

Sounds a lot but they were all in Plymouth city centre so you could do 15 drops from the same parking space so depends on what area you get.

UPS do pay very well, but multi drop isn’t for everyone.

If i do 3 drops in a day i feel thats multi drop lol

Bacon Sandwich:

I have hared a lot of people bost about how I have done this many and that many drops
but most never have
that is how many they had on there van but never delivered them all

TonyCBR:
If i do 3 drops in a day i feel thats multi drop lol

Considering it’s now officially Christmas :cry: , I feel hard done by with just the one drop!
3 collections a day will do me 'til Easter. :smiley:

matt01:

Is this correct

I’m on £12.87 an hour but i have been there for 12 years, new drivers with a 7.5 ton license will earn more than the 3.5 ton van drivers but not much more. Most are taken on a 32 hr contract but normal hours will be 45-48, there is no over time rate its a flat rate. Our driver helpers for Christmas will earn £8.05 an hour.

I average 90-110 deliveries a day, our busiest driver is doing around 150 deliveries and 20-25 collections.

nickyboy:

matt01:

Is this correct

I’m on £12.87 an hour but i have been there for 12 years, new drivers with a 7.5 ton license will earn more than the 3.5 ton van drivers but not much more. Most are taken on a 32 hr contract but normal hours will be 45-48, there is no over time rate its a flat rate. Our driver helpers for Christmas will earn £8.05 an hour.
I average 90-110 deliveries a day, our busiest driver is doing around 150 deliveries and 20-25 collections.

I’ve just applied for 7.5t position with an agency - Pay is £9.50ph its a temp to perm vacancy which will go permanant within the 13 weeks - I’ve got to go and see them this morning.

matt01:
I’ve just applied for 7.5t position with an agency - Pay is £9.50ph its a temp to perm vacancy which will go permanant within the 13 weeks - I’ve got to go and see them this morning.

I wouldn’t hold out too much hope of that with Christmas only six weeks away. :wink:

matt01:

nickyboy:

matt01:

Is this correct

Which depot are you applying? A lot of the depots are short of drivers, we have a high turnover of staff so quite often are down on numbers, their ways of doing stuff and the rules etc arent for most people especially those that come from the likes of Interlink & Citylink

[quote="nickyb

our busiest driver is doing around 150 deliveries and 20-25 collections.[/quote]
Chuffing hell i done 4 drops and 1 collection last Tuesday and i felt hard done by.

nickyboy:

matt01:

nickyboy:

matt01:

Is this correct

Which depot are you applying? A lot of the depots are short of drivers, we have a high turnover of staff so quite often are down on numbers, their ways of doing stuff and the rules etc arent for most people especially those that come from the likes of Interlink & Citylink

The depot I’m applying for is North Rode, near Congleton - I’m told there are 2 positions to fill, both 7.5t drivers.
The agency have offered me one of the positions, which I will probably take - he say’s the money should go up in increment’s? but that will be once I go permanant with UPS !!

UPS = U Probably Shouldn’t! :slight_smile:

matt01:

nickyboy:

matt01:

nickyboy:

matt01:

Is this correct

The depot I’m applying for is North Rode, near Congleton - I’m told there are 2 positions to fill, both 7.5t drivers.
The agency have offered me one of the positions, which I will probably take - he say’s the money should go up in increment’s? but that will be once I go permanant with UPS !!

If you were employed by UPS then yes the pay does go up in stages dependent on time served, once you are at the top you complain you dont get a pay rise like me :laughing:

mcgregors shafter:

Bacon Sandwich:

I have hared a lot of people bost about how I have done this many and that many drops
but most never have
that is how many they had on there van but never delivered them all

When i used to work for business Express in Corby with a mate as an owner driver we used to turn up at the depot and we could see the roll cages all loaded and ready. i used to look at them and think, just think of the dosh because at a £1 a parcel and having 150+ parcels sitting there, it was fair game.

The area i covered was Oakham, Uppingham and Stamford and all the little villages outside of the area’s. Now there were a lot of drops to be done so when i hear ‘i did 120 drops a day’, i believe them.

You should try doing it and you will notice that it is a different breed. I did it for a year and doing 6am till 10pm to clear the cages was hard work, and to top it off when they were bloody clear, they stuck the littlewoods catalogue on top which means extra drops :unamused: :cry: :cry: