Multidrop

Simple question. Would you do multidrop in a class1 for £6.25ph?.

Probably not (not that I’ve got a class one), but it’s not awful money, it’s just not good money either.

If I did get class one I’d be looking for my money to be £7 plus an hour I think.

class1 for £6.25ph?.
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

class1 for £6.25ph?.
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
sorry had to put it twice cos i didnt believe it
allthings considerd should be min £8 hour
and multidrop
:stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
no money on earth

DHL pay £6.07 for driving a Sprinter.
Tesco pay £5.97 for a 3.5t
Sainsbury’s £6.40 i think for their “toyou” service!

So that would be a no then! I guess if you were new and looking for the “2 years experience” that most decent places want and they’d take you with out that then it could be useful for gaining experience.

No, not even to help me get two years experience.

tortoise:

QUICK QUESTION…Would you :question: :wink: I would :wink:

mrpj:

Why’s that mrpj :question: …is it beneath you to take a job that pay’s that kind off money. :question: It’s a dam site better than what some guy’s are getting. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

yes

I’ve done it for £6.60. I certianly wouldn’t go back to it. Their’s easier, better payiong work about. Depends what you want Who’s it working for?

the lot i’m leaving next friday are paying £5.80 per hour for class 1. Ok its easy single drop bulk tipper.

but £5.80 per hour after you’ve spent the best part of £2k on getting your licences

you can get more for sitting on a check out at tescos

kitkat:

mrpj:

Why’s that mrpj :question: …is it beneath you to take a job that pay’s that kind off money. :question: It’s a dam site better than what some guy’s are getting. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A) I could get a similar job on more money

B) It’s only just £1 over the minimum wage

C) It’s not beneath me I’ve done it for less myself but not again

I certainly wasn’t try to cause offence to anyone, just answering the question truthfully :slight_smile:

As a interesting little aside, I had lunch with an ex gaffer last weekend. He’s now paying £8.50 p/h for the same job and a bonus at the end of the month. I was tmepted when he offered, but declined. The work’s too stressful :laughing:.

tortoise:

Yes :open_mouth: when i got my 12 weeks notice last month i told mrs snax that id easy pick something up, Although it would probably take time to land something on decent money again, but as she pointed out, we could tighten our belts for a few months. As long as you can cover your cost of living then other things can wait.
Although as it happens i’ve soughted my next job, well all things being equal, and they seem to be, :wink: and £6.25 dont come near :smiley:

Not multi drop but I do work for that money…

Take home between £400-£500/week

tortoise:

i wouldnt do class 1 OR multidrop for that kind of money. what a bloody insult. what other profession tries to exploit its people like the transport industry :imp:
its no wonder there is a driver shortage. companies offering that for skilled employees deserve to struggle

Semtex:
the lot i’m leaving next friday are paying £5.80 per hour for class 1. Ok its easy single drop bulk tipper.

but £5.80 per hour after you’ve spent the best part of £2k on getting your licences

you can get more for sitting on a check out at tescos

Yep Semtex, but you don’t get that all improtant experience sitting on the checkout at Tescos. I don’t want to seem like I’m up my own arse about it, because I’m green enough to remember what it was like trying to get that experience. Now I’m in that decent job, however sometimes you have to do the lower paid work to get on a bit.

I’m not having a pop at you in particular, as you look like you’ve got to the point where you can go elswhere. It’s a learning curve, look at it like going to university, but your earning. It is poor dosh, I’ll agree, but sometimes, the job helps people get on a bit. It’s no good sitting their and yawping when your a new driver, go and get the experience that commands the decent wages.

In answer to your question Tortoise, yes I would if it got me the experience I needed and paid the bills. Again, depends what you want out of life I suppose.

Tin at on and well below the parapit after the rant :laughing:.

ill tell you what kitkat, that is beneath me, like it should be beneath every other class1 driver. would you really take that kind of dough■■?
:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

I’ve had my class 1 for 18mths, in order to get some experience, I had to start on £5.15/hr and £15 night out, yes, it’s an insult, but no one else would take me on, even though I had been driving coaches for years and this was only last year.

Some of us are not in the position to be choosy.

Life is to short to constantly brag about money, if you like the job, you are happy taking home what you do, then thats all that matters. I would sooner be on £5.50/hr and happy than £10/hr and working for a [zb] that depresses me.

John

the reason companys offer that kind of money is because they WILL get someone to do the job for that kind of money. (unfortunatley) :unamused:

Around here thats about average pay for drivers. One of the bigger local firms only pays £5.50 an hour. Even Pollocks - I’m sure nearly all of you will have seen their wagons around - are paying less than £6.50.

You can’t compare wages between us up North where the cost of living is lower to you guys in the South where it’s cheaper to live. I pay less than 90p a litre for unleaded fuel, how much do you pay? :sunglasses:

Incidentally, I get £8.50 an hour but want to come off the nights out so I can get my social life back. I will probably have to take a pay cut to do it, but for a better home life it’s worth it.