Unusual truck seen............... any other sightings?

Talking to a guy i know in my local last night who does a couple of days a week agency driving.

He was telling me about an unusual looking vehicle he’d seen. Either seen the same one twice in 2 days many miles apart or seen 2 of them exactly the same, he didn’t know.

I said i would ask here if anyone else had seen it/them and knew what they were? Maybe somebody can get a pic.

Mercedes 4 x 2 tractor unit with normal 5th wheel but with a low entry crew cab (like dustbin wagons have).
White in colour with a very high air deflector to cover the height between the top of the low cab upto normal trailer height.

Neither had a trailer on. He said they looked most odd, especially with the big deflector & no trailer. He wasn’t able to establish how old/new they were.

Anybody?

It’s probably an Econic, that’s a dustcart usually, but it has a CNG or LNG engine available, tesco had a few rigids floating about, could be they’ve got an artic now, there was a 4x2 version available.

Something like this maybe? :smiley:

That cab stands even higher than a normal one. Low entry level cabs are just that. i.e. walk in without climbing.

But thanks for trying RB. This is what low entry cab looks like:

I’ve seen a couple of econic tractor units knocking around,weird looking.
Simon :sunglasses:

I think its a rigid anyway :unamused: :smiley:

thegeordie:
I’ve seen a couple of econic tractor units knocking around,weird looking.
Simon :sunglasses:

Ah, that would be this then?

That certainly seems to fit the description, but as a tractor unit?

Driveroneuk:
That cab stands even higher than a normal one. Low entry level cabs are just that. i.e. walk in without climbing.

But thanks for trying RB. This is what low entry cab looks like:

That looks like a rubbish job !! is there training involved or do you pick ir up as you go along.!! :smiley:

Or how about this for a mahoosivemegaspace

seen a few econic artics as jet fuel tankers at airports. cant remember where though
i did see a merc rigid with a huge pump and a 5th wheel on the back of the rigid hooked up to an artic tanker in turkey

:laughing: I’ve seen the odd one of these about.

But not one of these :laughing:

8wheels i’d say that’s the thing, the silver one. Imagine that in white with a mahoosive spoiler :wink:

OK, seems we’ve established WHAT it was. Thanks lads. :smiley:

Now just leaves who, where, why & what for?

Driveroneuk:
8wheels i’d say that’s the thing, the silver one. Imagine that in white with a mahoosive spoiler :wink:

OK, seems we’ve established WHAT it was. Thanks lads. :smiley:

Now just leaves who, where, why & what for?

What for? 2 reasons spring to mind

1, As I said it’s a gas powered thing for environmental reasons :grimacing:

2, There’s a new bloke in the office somewhere & he’s trying to make a name for himself :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing:

Saw it today on the A666 in Blolton, pulling a Warburtons trailer, White Merc “bin wagon” type cab but as an artic unit with the biggest air spoiler i ever saw. looked like it was on some sort of trial .
Warburtons run lots of gas powered trucks so i would think this is another “eco friendly” unit that they are testing out.

alfamale66:
Saw it today on the A666 in Blolton, pulling a Warburtons trailer, White Merc “bin wagon” type cab but as an artic unit with the biggest air spoiler i ever saw. looked like it was on some sort of trial .
Warburtons run lots of gas powered trucks so i would think this is another “eco friendly” unit that they are testing out.

Gas powered eh hmmmmm baking the bread on route maybe :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

removalboy:
Something like this maybe? :smiley:

that is a vehicle for the Fire brigade mate used a lot in germany
and else where.