MB Econic

I’ve noticed one about round Chelmsford recently a coule of times, OK no big deal tons of about on the bins. This one is a full length 6 wheeler with box body and tail lift. Poss. even a fridge motor on the top.

Looks a bit weird. Anyone running one as a trial?

It’s plain white, no markings. Looks brand new.

could be a local council or a recycling firm they sometimes buy chassis as a job lot and have one with a box put on it , We’ve got a rigid (remember my post about the alledged lowloader job) that we use to deliver new wheelie bins to new or existing customers, We could deliver them with the R,E,L, (rear end loader or bin wagon to you) but it can only carry 1 at a time and it might fall off :smiley:

Could be I suppose, it just looks a bit big for that sort of thing. Like someone screwed some wheels to the Canberra.

To me it looks like one of PCL or the Co-op’s reefers that deliver the milk to the stores.

lets be honest about it. regardless of the role it was bought for, its always going to be an awful vehicle. having driven both the econic and eagle 2 on the bins, the econic doesnt compare. poor visibility, low drivers door, virtually no ventilation. i think the designer was drunk when he drew up the plans for that cab :unamused:

Apparently Airline Pilots dont like them much either :wink:

My brother-in-law has one on the bins round my way…they look bloody awful,have a massive windscreen and he says the air con is crap…what more could u want :unamused: :unamused:

Al