Odd looking vehicle, ever seen one?

Ok so no pics of this as i didnt have a camera with me, and we were both moving (slowly) in oposite directions :unamused:

Saw this wagon this morning, odd looking thing. Basically it was like a 2-axle Day cab tractor unit, but instead of having a 5th wheel it had a box fitted on the back with a tail lift. All white with no livery. Didnt look like a home made bodge or a removable box.

Wondered what on earth the point was, volume wise it wouldnt have been able to hold much more than, maybe even less than a transit luton. :open_mouth:

Bullion ?

Loggo:
Bullion ?

That’s what I was thinking

What about a show vehicle from a fair ground,

Possibly only low volume/high weight thing i can think of.

It wasnt armoured in anyway i could see though, just looked like a normal cab and only had the driver.

Securicor have some Bullion (coin) wagons, but these are more like standard 7.5 tonner size but weigh nearer 17 ton and have 3 axles.

Also i seem to remember thinking about it now, it had an alloy tail lift! So i dont think that was meant for lifting much weight?

This thing just looked really stunted.

Did the driver look like Chris Eubank? :smiley:

May be one of those mobile “stud welding” bods :question:

Seen one or two on old ERF chassis’s

Possibly, might have been an ERF now you mention it.

Nah Driver was a white fella, and it was in Teynham, not Brighton.

The RAF had Sammels fitted like that but without the tail lift i think, no 5th wheel but a box on the back for weights, they used to tow the big 50 odd ft radar trailers with them.

When the Radar boys disbanded they were going to replace the box with a 5th wheel, but none of the units wanted them as they were much to slow.

Sounds a bit like the trucks they use air side at airports, with scissor lifts under the bodies, for loading the catering etc. onto aircraft.