Just seen a white unit and BMW roll into Burtonwood services on the m62
PN15 HRK White DAF
BK63 ULC - Navy BMW X3

Was that picture taken in Australia?

xichrisxi:
Was that picture taken in Australia?

It may have been, or I may just be inept when it comes to technology. :blush:

if you need them out to attend an emergency you dial 666 :slight_smile:

Did you see uniformed police get out of the vehicles ?

tachograph:
Did you see uniformed police get out of the vehicles ?

2 uniformed Police officers climbed out of the cab, then put Police their hi-viz coats on. Two officers in polo shirts and cargo trousers got out of the x3. They had cuffs and battons on their belts, but no stab vests. Driver of the x3 was bald.

TBH who really cares :unamused:

nick2008:

Not me because (a) I’m a good boy and (b) I’m sat at home and don’t go near Burtonwood services anymore anyway.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

Not me because (a) I’m a good boy and (b) I’m sat at home and don’t go near Burtonwood services anymore anyway.

If you did you took a wrong turn on to M5 at Bristol

They were also on the M62 near the M1 end last week possibly in that unit.

Personally I don’t understand the need to highlight and give a heads up about things like this. If you’re doing nothing wrong what’s the problem? I want idiots who might kill me or my family off the road.

About time someone ‘thought of the children’ … !! aint been mentioned for a few days now :slight_smile:

htfc1984:
Personally I don’t understand the need to highlight and give a heads up about things like this. If you’re doing nothing wrong what’s the problem? I want idiots who might kill me or my family off the road.

It’s alight saying “If you do nothing wrong you’ve got nothing to worry about” but are these tractor units going for the serious offences (phones, cooking or watching films) or are they now getting desperate and nicking you for taking a swig of water or eating? Can anyone on here put their hands on their hearts and say they’ve NEVER taken a bite from a sandwich while driving along a clear straight bit of motorway? probably not.
I’m not defending phone use or cooking etc but it seems like we’re getting nicked for things that would have been a non issue 10 -15 years ago.

GORDON 50:

htfc1984:

It’s alight saying “If you do nothing wrong you’ve got nothing to worry about” but are these tractor units going for the serious offences (phones, cooking or watching films) or are they now getting desperate and nicking you for taking a swig of water or eating? Can anyone on here put their hands on their hearts and say they’ve NEVER taken a bite from a sandwich while driving along a clear straight bit of motorway? probably not.
I’m not defending phone use or cooking etc but it seems like we’re getting nicked for things that would have been a non issue 10 -15 years ago.

Yeh,.I love the ‘‘If you’re doing nothing wrong they can do what they like for me’’ crew., How far exactly do some of them go with that mantra exactly? :unamused:

Only time I would be worried about a trucker possiblly going to kill me and/or my family is if he was ■■■■■■■ or pointing a gun at me, or worse… both. :unamused:
I feel no threat at all if one is passing me eating an egg sandwich funnily enough. :smiley:

or better still Rob…if you looked to the right and he was putting bullets in the chamber…and a sandwich dangling from his mouth… :smiley: :smiley:

wakey_jack:
They were also on the M62 near the M1 end last week possibly in that unit.

They were as I saw them near Whitwood.

Ken.