Police truck on M6 this afternoon

At around 13.30 today northbound by Haydock our intrepid police thought to film me from a silver/grey Mercedes unit. Thought it funny as it approached as driver had a shirt and tie on. Lucky for me I’d just finished my washing up after cooking and eating my lobster thermadore.
He then trundled off and I lost sight of him until a marked BMW estate went past and pulled a car transporter on the hard shoulder.
I could of sworn Angus ‘mecoatup’ got out as his bald head was glaring the sun into my eyes.

I would love to see one of those police tractor units lose it in the wet - see how clever they looked then.

do they not stand out a bit.after all how many single units do you see on the motorways.

Well I would assume the thing what makes then stand out more is they arn’t limited so the quick gain on you quicker then anything else and the guy with the camcorder is a bit abnormal too (unless you drive for stobarts)

Hombre:
I would love to see one of those police tractor units lose it in the wet - see how clever they looked then.

Wouldn’t you just love to be following one onto a very wet, very slippery roundabout when they were ‘getting a move on’ & record them putting it bacwards into and ditch writing it off on your forward facing camera■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Oh, the stuff that dreams are made of!!! Imagine how many Youtube ‘hits’ you’d get?? :smiling_imp:

Ross. :sunglasses:

as they video you,if you very obviously mouthed “merchant bankers” could they do you :laughing: :laughing:

LASHHGV:
At around 13.30 today northbound by Haydock our intrepid police thought to film me from a silver/grey Mercedes unit. Thought it funny as it approached as driver had a shirt and tie on. Lucky for me I’d just finished my washing up after cooking and eating my lobster thermadore.
He then trundled off and I lost sight of him until a marked BMW estate went past and pulled a car transporter on the hard shoulder.
I could of sworn Angus ‘mecoatup’ got out as his bald head was glaring the sun into my eyes.

I pull the curtains, just to be on the safe side :confused:

I would be be tempted to grab a bottle of wine and mimic slugging it back or perhaps a giant roll up :grimacing: . How the smiles would disappear when they stopped you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What do they do when they come across an irish rig that they cant keep up with?

What do they do when they come across an irish rig that they cant keep up with?

They’ve thought of that they’ve no limiter on!

bigtruck:
They’ve thought of that they’ve no limiter on!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
wooooosh

Did they have any dream catchers or frilly curtains? They can’t be a real truck driver in there if not, surely? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mk7fiesta:
do they not stand out a bit.after all how many single units do you see on the motorways.

Some drivers have problems seeing what’s coming up in front of them, so what chance have they got if something is sneaking up behind them?

Theres probably a number plate on top of dash saying “BILL”, illuminated “Police” sign above drivers bunk.

How about getting reflective mirrored side windows.

Theyre so easy to spot sneaking up behind you…just keep an eye on your mirrors and look for the ECILOP signs…a dead give away… :laughing: :laughing:

LASHHGV:

Tinting the front windows of cars is illegal, so I would imagine trucks are too!

dew:

LASHHGV:

Tinting the front windows of cars is illegal, so I would imagine trucks are too!

Mirror tint is illegal, tinting front side windows isn’t Illegal if they are factory clear glass.

weeto:

dew:

LASHHGV:

Mirror tint is illegal, tinting front side windows isn’t Illegal if they are factory clear glass.

Not quite, tints must let 70% of light through, most windows are factory tinted so gauging how much to fit is difficult