UK to Bulgaria

Anyone know what the Best Route is from UK to Northern Bulgaria, (Svishtov) and what sort of price Ferries charge for 7.5 Tonner ?

I’ve been told the best way is through Italy and take Ferry to Greece then up into Bulgaria, rather than risk driving through Serbia as police in Serbia like a little pocket money off the British Registered vehicles.

Davey Driver:
Anyone know what the Best Route is from UK to Northern Bulgaria, (Svishtov) and what sort of price Ferries charge for 7.5 Tonner ?

I’ve been told the best way is through Italy and take Ferry to Greece then up into Bulgaria, rather than risk driving through Serbia as police in Serbia like a little pocket money off the British Registered vehicles.

Probably to pay for all their police stations that our air force helped blow to bits a few years ago.Just be grateful that they’ll settle for a few quid if you’ve got British plates and don’t forget the Greeks always support the serbs.

Davey, ring my mate Phil (07850300955)

His sister lives out there and he’s done the trip several times! He’ll give you all the gen you need mate! You may even get somewhere to stay (+some stuff to take out if your willing) :smiley: :sunglasses:

As it is right up by the Romanian border couldn’t you just go via Austria, Hungary and Romania? Be about the same as going via Serbia but EU countries all the way.

AS Coffeeholic that route is a good one,when are you going.
because the winter rules will be coming into force and you
will need to obey the rules that will come into force, how
about the train from WELS Austria , if it is cost effective,

Serbia ain’t too bad nowadays. Certainly better roads than Romania, although road tolls seem to be getting expensive. I always find Serbian Customs to be very helpful, probably because they’re wanting to become EU members. The only downside to routing through Serbia is the fact that you’d be travelling outside the EU, and therefore, the requirement for additional documentation.

We just had a truck in Istanbul this month and he went Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria. No delays at the borders and no real problems with that route.

zebadee:
Davey, ring my mate Phil

Cheers John

I’m looking at going out sometime between November - March, Accomodations OK as we have bought a place that just needs a rewire and inside toilet installing along with decorating (Instead of the hole in the ground inside a shed they call an outside toilet Lol)

We got a quote for Furniture removals etc of £6,500 so I think it will be cheaper buying a 3.5 tonner to do the job then sell it once its done its Job, there’ll be plenty of room for extras to be taken over if his sister needs anything, I know we will be filling a few boxes of tinned stuff to take over and especially English Teabags, I couldn’t find them for love nor money last month when I was out there. :open_mouth:

Cheers Neil I’ll see if I can suss a route out via Hungary / Romania but think it will be best to speak to Johns mate first

Lol, thought you were just doing a job Davey! :laughing:

You realy do need to speak to Phil, he can give you the low down on loads of stuff if you’ve bought a house over there mate! He may even go with you for a free lift and 2nd driver! I’ll let him know your going to ring him!

Oh, and I have a Sprinter you may get for a reasonable cost but I’m pretty sure Phil used his Navvara & a trailer (which was sold over there!) to shift stuff over!

Good luck :smiley:

brit pete:
AS Coffeeholic that route is a good one,when are you going.
because the winter rules will be coming into force and you
will need to obey the rules that will come into force, how
about the train from WELS Austria , if it is cost effective,

What’s with you and all this train stuff pete, you got a fetish, collecting commission, or just a train spotter or wot?

Have you never heard ““LET THE TRAIN take the STRAIN””
over here many transport company’s use the system because
of the advantages which come with the service,
I have used the train quite often as this made doing
the job easier and legal depending where and when
you was running ,

Harry Monk:
We just had a truck in Istanbul this month and he went Austria, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria. No delays at the borders and no real problems with that route.

No problems but a bit like going from West London to Edinburgh via Bristol to miss the M25 or the North Circ.