UK pallets Fradley

I’m off there tommorrow for trunking work .Anyone had any experience of this outfit? ie Truck spec, easy or hard work. Getting my keys took off me and anything else you may think of.

Regards Chip.

When you get there you will find 2 depots a big and a small right by each other. The small one is only if you have a lot of scottish pallets on (if less than say 6 just go to big depot as normal).
When you drive in you go in a queue, directed into warehouse a bit tightish but nothing to worry about. You get unloaded then park up for a few hours till they need you. They give you a knock if you are asleep. No handing keys in etc.
Just seen your from Tamworth so your trailers would prob be done for you.
I used to trunk there everynight from Liverpool.
Any sepcific questions just ask but it has been a few years.

I have been there a few times its ok ,a bit of a wait untill everbodys unloaded then they come and get you and load you with all your pallets for your firms delivery postcodes there is a good on site catering van ,Fridays is best chicken curry emm. you cant get out of the cab in the loading sheds but its funny justing watching the mentel forklift drivers you watch and you we see what i mean good luck.

LOVE THE JOB YOUR IN OR SOMEBODY ELS WILL!!

Hi Guys. I am not sure if I said what I mean’t to say. So I will re phrase the question.

I am going to deliver from Uk pallets Fradley. So I will be working from Fradley not delivering to Fradley

I will be doing trailer swops and NDC RDC work ?

chippy:
I’m off there tommorrow for trunking work .Anyone had any experience of this outfit? ie Truck spec, easy or hard work. Getting my keys took off me and anything else you may think of.

Regards Chip.

Rules of the site, you must have hard hat, hi-viz and steel top cap boots. Not wearing these will get you into trouble, they are strict about it, my mate forgot to change into his steel toe cap boots, they called up the company he worked for to complain about it.

The loading and unloading is done in the sheds, basically drive in one end get directed where to stop, they put a big stop sign in front of your cab, and then hand your keys over to fork lift driver he hangs them from the sign. During the day some FLT drivers don’t bother taking your keys just depends.

You are no longer allowed out your cab when in the sheds, so before you go in you must open your curtains up fully and tie them back. Its not a problem they are fast as ****. Most loaders are fine, but some aint soo good, i had a 4 legger and one guy overloaded the front of the trailer, told him so he he shrugged his shoulders had to go get a manager to sort it out.

Delveries there is two main sheds, K and another one (can’t remember name, lets call it G). K shed and G shed are made up of two sheds each, K-A and KB, typically would go to -A unless directed otherwise

When i’d go in i wouldnt know what stuff i was carrying, so used to park up in the middle open up curtains, the pallets will have stickers on them with barcodes etc… K or the other shed will be marked clearly on it.

Depends when you get there if its daytime and its quiet just make your way to that shed, sit outside fork lift driver will appear and bring you in tell you were he wants you. If its a night after about 9-10pm gets really busy and will be directed to join a large Q and get called in.

Loading will be delivering for a certain area, will have a code, mine was 221 since i was doing Northern Ireland, my stuff would be in G-A shed, so would wait to get called in go to the part of the shed with my stuff they would load me, if there wasnt enough would get sent to sitout the other G-B shed where get the rest of my stuff.

Saying all this if you are actually working for them, maybe find just a case of picking up a trailer and droping one off in their depot. They have shunters who move about UK Pallet trailers, take them into sheds drop them take them away. Maybe they won’t want to pay you for sitting about waiting to get loaded, so maybe very easy. I think its white scanias or mercs they have can’t remember.

Ignore all of the above them apart from the hi-viz, steel toe cap boots and hard hat :slight_smile:

I haven’t got a hard hat :open_mouth:

The bloke reckons the motors are auto :question:

is that a case of shove it into drive and go? Never driven an auto truck apart from a Merc semi auto knacker 10 years ago.

Anyway I have had to put the start date back to next Monday due to me forgetting I have to go to Manchester this week :cry:

Another point I will mention is I am self employed ( sole trader) and the agency are happy with that so no umbrella’s needed.

I have checked with the accountant and he is happy with the situation.

Auto box, will be a selecter, on MAN’s DAF’s its a knob you turn to D, N, R, with crawler versions of D and R. On Volvos its like a stick you pull in D, N, R.

One thing usually find is you use the clutch so much for low speed stuff for control, driving an automatic at first, its like kangeroo petrol, jerking about.

Hard hat thing, used to be in UK Pallets three times a week, used to be a lot more laid back but in the summer got really H&S mad, hence not allowed to open curtains in shed etc… stoped going down there, but went down on a one off to help old boss out a few weeks ago. I think i heard that even being in the yard or anywhere near a trailer, even walking across to go to the canteen now need a hard hat.

Best bet would be call agency find out, or better still call up UK Pallets ask for transport and ask them what the script is. Maybe find most units prob have a hard hat in it, but then again may find the hard hat in the truck has been used as an ashtray or is filthy. I bought my own hard hat think it was a £5 handy to keep in the car doing agency work.

Kenny1975:
Auto box, will be a selecter, on MAN’s DAF’s its a knob you turn to D, N, R, with crawler versions of D and R. On Volvos its like a stick you pull in D, N, R.

Aye they all have a knob for selecting gears

its usually sat behind the steering wheel :wink:

ive had a few nites out here and the bloody noise!! arrrggghhhh 1st nite i was told to park up alongside trl and a trl would be waiting for me when i woke up!! wasnt told in this area all the DD;s would be running past all nite!! :cry:
2nd time i parked up in the catering van area, but in the corner nearest to tescos, thought it would be a bit more quiet… it was then was
woke up to some clown shouting across the carpark to his mate about 200meters away!! o[pened the window and told him he best ■■■ off!! and shut his mouth… :laughing:
the catering van is good thou… open from 8pm to 2am i think…

Gotta be better than working for Tesco :wink:

I refused the Tesco jobs on the grounds of Tesco’s greed and on moral grounds. And the Axor.

On another point how is itt that every agency is in bed with Tesco.

There must be 30 agencies in this area alone who supply Tesco.

How is this?