u2 next week

this week ive had a few problems so i have been off sick. so today phoning in for next mondays work i was surprised to be told…

next tues at some point me and 3 other drivers are off to hampden park cos freightliner has the job of shipping in containers all the stage and equipment for u2. il be up there from tues till i think friday. maybe working nights or days not to sure loading and running containers from the gig to the terminals. i think there are 24 freightliner lorries on the job.

im looking forwards to it and it will make a change from the normal dross.

:laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink: :grimacing:

jessicas dad:
this week ive had a few problems so i have been off sick. so today phoning in for next mondays work i was surprised to be told…

next tues at some point me and 3 other drivers are off to hampden park cos freightliner has the job of shipping in containers all the stage and equipment for u2. il be up there from tues till i think friday. maybe working nights or days not to sure loading and running containers from the gig to the terminals. i think there are 24 freightliner lorries on the job.

You mean a gig that wont involve transam :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 drivers and 24 lorries :question: :question: wow thats some skills you go their JD, driving 6 trucks in one go using some kind of intricate pulley and weights system to drive them :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

jessicas dad:

It wasn’t until I read it a second time that I realised that it was you JD and not Euromat or Kindle :open_mouth: :laughing:

lol mayby see you there jd, or drag u out or something lol

bring jm

gogzy:

bring jm

If he bought the unofficial official TNUK mascot aka ‘JM’ to the gig you’d be in a constant day dream and would forget how to drive a truck…and would spend most of your time using the onside cold showers :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pecjam23:

jessicas dad:

You mean a gig that wont involve transam :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

4 drivers and 24 lorries :question: :question: wow thats some skills you go their JD, driving 6 trucks in one go using some kind of intricate pulley and weights system to drive them :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

very observant :open_mouth: :smiley: no no there are 4 lorries from leeds depots going up plus some from manchester and garston depot. :wink: :wink: :wink: even i aint that good :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Nice one, sounds like it could be an interesting few days.
I saw some Peter Smit trucks with parts of a stage on today. They were heading north on the M1, then when i pulled into Leicester forest east services, one of the drivers was asleep and in the front window it said something like U2 concept truck.

Grasshopper:
one of the drivers was asleep and in the front window it said something like U2 concept truck.

a concept truck :question: cool, was it a chity-chity bang bang style truck :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

A sad night for Glasgow on Tuesday unless the mighty Arsenal can do us a favour and have two football grounds quiet at the same time. :laughing:

You couldn`t forget to turn your twist locks JD by any chance. :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

pecjam23:

gogzy:

bring jm

If he bought the unofficial official TNUK mascot aka ‘JM’ to the gig you’d be in a constant day dream and would forget how to drive a truck…and would spend most of your time using the onside cold showers :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but spanky wont be there

LOL

Sounds a good week that alex. Enjoy it and forget about your problems for a bit.

aranger:
A sad night for Glasgow on Tuesday unless the mighty Arsenal can do us a favour and have two football grounds quiet at the same time. :laughing:

You couldn`t forget to turn your twist locks JD by any chance. :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

no chance the celtic will gubb them…(i hope )… :sunglasses: and i got a ticket … :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Sure you haven’t joined TRANS AM Alex ■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

so am i now looking for a left ■■■■■■ yellow daf■■? :laughing:

markgilly:
Sure you haven’t joined TRANS AM Alex ■■? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

no but next week im hoping for the transam lifestyle… free food, drink and not alot of work :laughing: :laughing: the handbrake wouldnt stand for me being away like them lads do, she gets hump on with 4 nights out when that happens.

give me a shout mate when you get there, that will be one of the stages being packed and shipped away to the u.s of a, only a week left on here now

will do mat, i could do with a few ideas on some tattoo’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink:

hey JD, a bit off topic but…

i had a motor today that must have been related to yours. on the limiter with the foot on the loud pedal it did 56 but as soon as i put cruise control on it dropped to 52 and it wouldnt go any higher unless i kept my foot on the pedal and to be honest it was quite a chilled out day, hardly any overtaking apart from knob-ed car drivers pootling along at 50. i might do it again tomorrow.

anyway back to U2,

enjoy it mate