Glastonbury !.

Just watching U2 at Glastonbury, i bet they cart some gear around with them. Anyone ever “music trucked” glasto ?. Must be a nightmare with the mud ?.

know a few going there this weekend, dont envy them one little bit haha.

hope you all get stuck :smiley:

I was watching an interview from the bbc coverage, backstage paddock area and noticed a couple of fly by nite trucks parked up,among a vast line up tour buses.Not much hard standing there by the looks of it.

I’ve got friends there who said U2 where amazing. I’m away at the moment but it’s been recorded at home so i’ll have to watch it when I’m back. And I think Your right the mud would be a nightmare! Why does it always rain for Glastonbury!?!

Kate123:
I’ve got friends there who said U2 where amazing. I’m away at the moment but it’s been recorded at home so i’ll have to watch it when I’m back. And I think Your right the mud would be a nightmare! Why does it always rain for Glastonbury!?!

ELECTRICAL STORM

INDIAN SUMMER SKY

BEAUTIFUL DAY

I thought you was trying to explain why it rains, then I realised these are all actually u2 songs :unamused:

U2 are the best LIVE act I’ve ever seen! Bono boy is too preachy though!
Euromat has trucked U2 gear for a long time I think!

dessy:
U2 are the best LIVE act I’ve ever seen! Bono boy is too preachy though!
Euromat has trucked U2 gear for a long time I think!

Were the best. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=B0EYKh2O … re=related

youtube.com/watch?v=QrGNngMw … re=related

have worked there several times on the fencing and crowd barriers (eves) and wot a ■■■■ hole ,had to be pulled a round site by jcb fork trucks .most of the toilets are soak away at the top of hills and uv guest it the camping is on the side of the hills so ur camping in wee and ■■■ that washes down the hill wen it rains its foul. i cant say i cud deal with that to see any bands

best bit about glasto is when it’s not on , makes farm deliveries abloody nightmare that time of year . too many jobsworths on the road closed barriers as well , last year a calne driver had to make a delivery between pilton & baltonsbourough & the route he usually goes the road was closed, the farm was a mile inside the roadblock but police were sent for & they made him turn around & follow a 12mile detour only to be told he couldn’t get through that way either , they wouldn’t even take the barrier down to let him turn around so he just reversed over their barriers, farmer wasnt happy either & told the glasto people in no uncertain terms either

sounds like there are too many people enjoying themselves & it’s got to stop , it’s just not on

U2 are ok though

quick report in from the mud fest, me and gb1 are here and its every bit as bad as youd think, truck wise, there are loads here from stagetruck who are doin coldplay and other jobs, there were half a dozen trans am doing u2, plus a couple of others, suprisingly tho, unusually for festivals, not many fbn, 3 with us doing chemical brothers, (allthough, im not in a truck miself, having jumped onto the tour busses for a change) and loads of other random trucks. But its an absolute ZB hole, cant believe people are paying to live like this for a week

I sometimes work at T in the park sounds like its much the same.

we have had about ten trailer loads of kit go in thats used all around the festival trucks were coming back covered in mud and they have got to go back in and fetch it all out from wednesday

I went last year when it wad red hot. I paid nearly £200 to get slowly cooked to death. Plus, it was freezing at night so you had to sleep fully clothed wrapped up in a sleeping bag. I can’t describe the shear panic of waking up fully clothed, wrapped in a sleeping bag with a life threatening hang over in a red hot tent and trying to burst your way out of it, only to sit on what can only be described as the surface of the sun all day drinking tins of cider that you have to sip out of the can because it was red hot and burnt your lips. I would have murdered somebody for some rain last year.

mjbaron:
quick report in from the mud fest, me and gb1 are here and its every bit as bad as youd think, truck wise, there are loads here from stagetruck who are doin coldplay and other jobs, there were half a dozen trans am doing u2, plus a couple of others, suprisingly tho, unusually for festivals, not many fbn, 3 with us doing chemical brothers, (allthough, im not in a truck miself, having jumped onto the tour busses for a change) and loads of other random trucks. But its an absolute ZB hole, cant believe people are paying to live like this for a week

i thought it was only 2 of ours doing u2 mate, if i hadnt been on this job i would of been there too, im glad im not though!!

I have never been myself but one thing i have always thought is why havent they sorted out the mud problem after all this time? I know you cant fully get rid of the mud as its in a field but they must be ways of reducing the impact of it. Raised walkways for example or installing better drainage systems. Its on the same site every year that only has cows grazing on it when the festival isnt on so doing any major construction work shouldnt be a problem. Maybe as there is a break next year they could try to sort it. Taking a truck on the site must be a nightmare.

Mugs the lot of them. Look like a bunch of middle class, old hippies to me. “Look at me I’m so trendy and middle aged down with the kids at Glasto man”.
Couldn’t think of much worse than living amongst that lot for a weekend covered in mud and sh*te. And paying for the knacking privilege. :open_mouth:

Rather do multi drop for Nigel Rice (Beverley)…well maybe not :wink:

I was loading out of the chicken farm at the main entrance friday morning at 0500,we had to clear the 2 big sheds of 69500 birds before 0700,first wagon went in at midnight and we were arriving every 30 mins onwards…I came down via Frome into Sheppton Mallet and they had the A361 into Pilton coned off but we were allowed through,coming down the hill from Pilton towards the farm I was meet with no end of walkers in various states walking up the hill :open_mouth:
The entrance to the farm was blocked off with security but they soon moved when i took a swing in :laughing: got loaded no problems and left at 0615 and by then it was getting well busy

Im glad I own a tv and surround sound system, no mud, dont have to pay, no crowds, no sleeping in a tent, dont have to fork out for petrol :sunglasses: cue the people who go on about the ‘atmosphere’ :unamused: a few cans and the surround sound on full is enough for me :laughing:

My daughter is there and by all accounts is loving it ( although she is a festival junkie :unamused: ) . It’s what you make of it .

I’m glad I opted for Download instead though , it rained solid on sunday but weds- sat was beautiful :grimacing: :grimacing: