Glastonbury !.

I had a nightout at the back of the pyramid stage with Kasabians backline in 2007 for Transam.
Used a Hill Hire Actros though…

Captured2007-6-2200022.jpg

Dropped off many tons of food, handballing the lot (with some help) for the stalls on Monday and Tuesday and came to the conclusion that even a relatively horrendous trip around London was far preferable - there seemed to be more cockneys in Somerset anyway. Just one rear wheel off the tracks (metalled or literally metal - actually they were stoned - the tracks) probably meant a tricky time getting going again with no diff-lock on our pesky automatic MAN hire vehicles. Yes there were loads of “official” people there with a little power to cause you trouble but they were of little use when you wanted to find where anything was e.g. the tipi field (£2000 a pop). A lot of customers seem to not know where they are a lot of the time so I don’t know how you’re supposed to find them. All in all a right pain, not as enjoyable as it might sound, no fun at all really and pretty much all hard work and hassle, typical of these festivals only more so at this scale. Glasto is just a big money-making exercise for all concerned. It’s a bit like war, meticulously planned, only for chaos to ensue when it starts. It’s probably like the Somme down there now (without the shelling). Thankfully I avoided the area after it really got going.

Snudger:
there seemed to be more cockneys in Somerset anyway. - actually they were stoned - there were loads of “official” people there with little power to cause you trouble. Glasto is just a big money-making exercise for Michael Eavis. It’s a bit like war, meticulously planned, only for chaos to ensue when it starts. It’s probably like the Somme down there now (without the shelling). Thankfully I avoided the area after it really got going.

You pays your money and takes your choice. Michael Eavis is a star man and has fought the system, made money and caused a population explosion :stuck_out_tongue:

I am just watching Noah and the Whale!

Looking forward to Coldplay, use to think they were a bit boring until i saw them on the Isle of Wight a couple of years ago. Great show.

i was ment to be there but some how got out of it… doing something even gayer instead though but roll on monday when im off to helsinki

Just heard on the wireless that a guy in his 50’s died backstage at Glastonbury. Condolences to his family - RIP.

Tiger

Got a mate who has just got there for fly bynite confirmed that a dead make has been found in the VIP toilets,

uk.news.yahoo.com/man-found-dead … 27460.html

A mate asked if I wanted to play at Glastonbury this year and last year. I know last year was part of the warm up act for Stevie Wonder.
I can’t think of anything I would rather NOT do than go there!!!

Biffa are having a collection for dead MP’s

i worked there last year as security never again lol

Mr S. Logic is there
lucky git got nice dry camper van lol
Wanted to go, found out Pulp played on the park stage

We hope Switch will tell us all which bands he saw,i watched bits of it on the tv,thought Pendulum were quite good,Beyonce stayed in the Royal Crescent hotel in Bath,and apparently had the place just for her and the crew,and an additional hotel.

Mumford and sons blew me away. Just love that song awake my soul.

I would be worried that some scum bag may have lifted my tent and its belongings,while away from it.That Kaisser Chief lead singer needs to go on a diet,what a porker,cant see what the fuss is made about Coldplay,he bends over the piano,like his back is going to snap in half.

If everyone goes there to get down and muddy, why is there that massive security fenced parking area and VIP toilets for the Winnebagos. For the band members, it is fair enough but the voice of the people in the government are sheltered away from the great unwashed.

Said on the radio that the A303 is jammed up,the punters are now trying to head south on the A36,due to Mr Vernon`s Virginia white Scania and fridge unit slowing them all up on the single carriegeways.
With the money problems at the moment,there is a lot of people that can afford £195 a ticket,plus what it costs to feed and water yourself on site,the cars i have seen leaving, are up to date modern vehicles,so they got thursday last week off,and today off work as well on full pay or holiday pay.

bristolron:
A mate asked if I wanted to play at Glastonbury this year and last year. I know last year was part of the warm up act for Stevie Wonder.
I can’t think of anything I would rather NOT do than go there!!!

Warm up act for Stevie Wonder? They don’t have warm up acts at Glastonbury. Or are you in a massive band to be playing second on the bill on the biggest stage.

How was it Luke,which bands did you see,i have never been,are there lots of drunk people,is the traffic bad while you are leaving the site■■?

Well I was there, third year running. It’s the worlds greatest festival and just has to be seen to be believed. I love the place and it’s always a sad time when over.

Just to put one thing straight that always comes up. It’s certainly not a corporate money making machine for Michael Eavis. A less corporate festival you’d be pushed to find. The vast majority of profits go to charity. None of the stages are sponsored by companies, they have charity banners.

I booked two weeks off and went in Bab’s my 34 year old VW camper. We got there Tuesday night. £195 a ticket is a bargain, what would have, a cheap holiday in a crap hotel in Spain or 5 days in the worlds greatest festival. The other thing is people mistakenly thinking it’s all about the headliners and main stages, it’s really not. There is something for everyone at Glastonbury and on average I see only 4 or 5 bands when I go. The highlight for me this time was John Cooper Clarke in the rammed Acoustic Tent. Was great to see it busy and everybody laughing along. Oh and Pulp who were surprise guests on the Park Stage. Sitting on a hill in the sun with a beer watching an amazing band with thousands of others really takes some beating.

Also I met a hero of mine, Adam Buxton, which made my year and he’s lovely, here’s a pic

The old bus

And someone on Facebook wanted to see this pic on here. Me wearing my Adam & Joe t-shirt and skinny red jeans. I’m not ashamed of them!