Tyre Pressures

Ladies & Gentlemen

Would somebody be able to fill in the tyre pressures for me on the following:

Standard sized tyres on twin-steer tractor unit plated at 44t and tri-axle trailer running on standard single tyres.

Front steer
Second steer
Drive axle
Trailer

Your advices would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Ladies & Gentlemen

Would somebody be able to fill in the tyre pressures for me on the following:

Standard sized tyres on twin-steer tractor unit plated at 44t and tri-axle trailer running on standard single tyres.

Front steer
Second steer
Drive axle
Trailer

Your advices would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

I run as follows:-
Front steers 125psi
second steers 100psi
drives 95 psi
trailer 125 psi
Im obsessed with the bloody pressure gauge as these alcoas seem to be slightly porous and some let out 10-15 psi per week so I’m on top of the problem before it gets expensive.
hope this helps
ps. Bridgestones always look soft on the front for some reason but don’t get paranoid!!! :wink:

That’s brilliant. Thank you very much. I do run Bridgestones, and you’re right; they do look soft on the front!

Now pressures are right, maybe I’ll save a little more denzil!

Thanks again.

I have found that if you drop preasure on second (skid) steer of unit to 95 lbs and 85 lbs on drive axle - tyre damage on second steer is reduced and vehicle has less spin damage on the drive axle. But it is “horses for courses” and we do run at 44 tonne 90% of the time.

Useful input for your 1st post Reiver. Welcome to the madhouse… err, i mean TN… no doubt Rog will be along in a minute with his official welcome banner.