Supers on mid lift

Hi

Has anyone on here run supers on mid lift? If so whats your thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input

Great idea,one less pallet on the trailer because of the weight,but there again you do look “good” dont you!

Not the looks i’m thinking of “thanks”.

General handling as when moved to supers on the front truck performed a lot better, no chance in fuel either

On what vehicle are you thinking of fitting them to?

A steered midlift I would have thought would be OK, apart from the extra weight and extra rolling resistance, a fixed midlift you would still get problems in terms of scrub, I would have thought more so than a standard 295/315.80. It’s a very overspec’d tyre for a midlift that is unlikely to see anything over 5 tonnes. As an upside if it’s a non steer you could use an FRT marked tyre (ie trailer tyre)
I’ve personally never tried supers on a steer or a midlift so this is only my personal view and not my experience talking.

Don’t know what the pro’s+cons are two having supers on mid but this is very common on dutch+Belgian 6x2 tractors but they have much higher gross weights i think its a cosmetic thing

Cheers for the replies folks

Its a Scania mid lift steer, i’m doing a lot of heavy work mostly tankers and a bit of bulk and forestry work. The main reason for thinking about going supers on mid is for always having a spare front tyre!

If they don’t come standard from the factore don’t go puting on supers

Had em on my FH since I bought it, something over 3 yrs ago, iirc.

Pro’s. Can use trl tyres on it or wear out front steers.
Looks better IMO. My money, my choice.
Brilliant wear. Current pair PW Bridgestones over 2 yrs old, still plenty of meat left.

Cons. Heavier. Can be awkward without the lift up when shunting. Poss fuel penalty, never checker tbh.

Probably won’t bother again though.