Tyre pressures

Hi all,

Ok so I should probably know this after 14 years of driving but to be honest, I’ve always done my tyres myself (pressure). But this new firm I’m at is only small and doesn’t have their own airline so ATS have to do it. Can somebody give me an idea of what all these figures mean please. I’m sure most of the Reyes were in need of some air but looking at this, I don’t know how bad they actually were.

Thanks in advance
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422975768.083098.jpg

Reyes = tyres! ■■■■ autocorrect

Those figures just show they tyre size and the other figure is likely to be the tread depth. Is the one on the left your trailer and the right one a 6x2 tractor unit?

Yeah, 6x2! I didn’t even think of tread depth as I didn’t ask them to check it but obviously they have done a thorough job! It’s just because it’s not the norm for me!! Just a bit slow today. I’ll try and engage my brain before I post daft cack on here in the future. Thanks

sw1ller:
I’ll try and engage my brain before I post daft cack on here in the future.

Don’t bother, nobody else does. :laughing:

Contraflow:

sw1ller:
I’ll try and engage my brain before I post daft cack on here in the future.

Don’t bother, nobody else does. :laughing:

Brilliant

some company`s request that whilst changing a tyre on a unit/trailer firms such as ATS check all the other tyres at the same time. plus it can lead to other work for them. we used to have this option and it was helpful to see.
but now we have changed to a cheaper tyre outfit, they wont give this service. :unamused:

TruckOff:
some company`s request that whilst changing a tyre on a unit/trailer firms such as ATS check all the other tyres at the same time. plus it can lead to other work for them. we used to have this option and it was helpful to see.

I’m not sure it’s an option; ATS are all over every tyre like a tramp on chips as standard.

Contraflow:

TruckOff:

I’m not sure it’s an option; ATS are all over every tyre like a tramp on chips as standard.

Yep, he was saying one of mine were down to 4 millimetres and needs to come in soon!! I’ve done 30km today and that’s about normal! Think I’ve got a while yet!! Only wanted them pumping up!!

Thought it was generally 110 psi on the fronts 315/80/22.5 and 100 on the drive axle 295/80/22.5.
110 psi trailer super singles . . . are they still called “super singles” :blush:

we put 125 psi on the fronts, 100 psi on the steers and 105 psi on the drives and 130 psi on the trailer tyres

Here is the best from our place, we have a dedicated tyre department and we still take our wagons to Lodge Tyres in St Helens for checks/repaires…go figure :laughing:
My father in law is the team leader in the tyre/wheels dept and he cant explain it either :laughing:

295’s are 123psi and 385’s are 108 psi. That’s what I’ve always gone by and being as I still have the manual I’ve just checked the psi table and Mercades seem to free with me.

The tyre pressure needed will vary according to the axle load. If you are moving trailers of polystyrene about then you won’t want 100 psi in the rear tyres, nor will you want 120 psi in the trailer’s super-singles.

So what happens when I’m 44tonne on the way there but 15 on the way back?? Do I need to readjust the tyre pressure for my 6 trips to the paper mill or do I just go for the standard I have stated above■■?