Two Celebrations tonight Lads!

Bewick:
Now then Pete I hope you have had a pleasant Christmas and are looking forward to a better New Year ! But you sound like you are perched on “the fence” regarding our exit from the EU ? As far as I am concerned we have nothing in common with the constituent parts of the EU and we never have had ! Neither the Frogs nor the Krauts have ever liked us since before WW1 Oh yes they liked our Net contributions to the “cess pit” which is what has really ■■■■■■ them off as the Krauts are going to have “pony up” to make up the deficit by our leaving and this is something they do not want like a “hole in the head”. However as far as I am concerned we will be far better off paddling our own canoe and no it will not be up " [zb] creek" !! Fair enough things may get a bit hairy in the short term but it will all work out in years to come PLUS some of the other EU members will have jacked it in by then which is why the current EU Hierarchy are ■■■■■■■■ themselves and it goes a long way to confirm as to why those Airosols in Brussels gave us such a hard time in the negotiations ! " Do we need the EU" " No we [zb] well don’t" All the best Pete , Dennis.

Yes Dennis, I suppose I am ‘perched on the fence’ as you call it! ‘Better the devil you know’ springs to mind. Folk on here rant on about ‘being a union member for better money etc’ but we have just left one! :wink: We joined the EU in 1973: I was only 22 years of age so at 70 I have spent most of my life as part of it and have had a decent enough life financially. I can’t say that we have ever been hard up and have never wanted for anything really, my pension is decent (almost as much as I was earning driving actually) so I can’t really say that the EU has been a bad thing for us two and ‘us two’ is all I’m bothered about. Obviously many think differently, business folk like yourself possibly had issues with the EU but speaking solely for this household I don’t know what advantage we as a couple would have had by not being part of it. :confused: I have never considered myself to be anything other than British and have always supported British built products until circumstances dictated otherwise. You all know my stance on British built trucks, I never drove one not produced here and infact turned down one job offer after I was made redundant partly because they were buying me a Volvo for goodness sake. ( :unamused: ) I realise that by leaving the EU the NHS (according to Mr Farage, who has as much power over events as I do!) will now be inheriting millions (or was it billions?) but that remains to be seen. I hope it happens though…for his sake as I wouldn’t want him to have told us an untruth. :laughing:

Pete.

Let’s hope for a better 2021…onward and upward lads. :smiley:

I’am with Pete on this ,let’s just see how what happens this yr ,lets hope the deadbeats and the rose tinted coffin dodgers are right :laughing:

Bewick:
No 1 at 11 pm when we FINALLY escape the clutches of that pile of excrement called the EU , and good riddance I’ll drink a large one to that ! Then No 2 at midnight when we will say goodbye to 2020 which must rank as about the worst Year since WW2 but unfortunately the start of 2021 looks a bit grim but lets hope the vaccination takes hold so by this time next year we will be in a much better and happier place ! So here’s wishing everyone on TNUK a far better 2021, Cheers Bewick.

I don’t seem to have received any Brexit benefits yet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I don’t seem to have received any Brexit benefits yet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s Brino not Brexit.
4 years followed by a last minute ‘agreement’ with strings attached running to 2,000 pages of conditions.The EU and Remainers seem to be happy with it.Who would have thought it.

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

It’s Brino not Brexit.
4 years followed by a last minute ‘agreement’ with strings attached running to 2,000 pages of conditions.The EU and Remainers seem to be happy with it.Who would have thought it.

Denzil ■■■■ Whittington has gone very quiet may be he’s gone to London where the post Brexit streets are now being repaved in gold :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

It’s Brino not Brexit.

Denzil ■■■■ Whittington has gone very quiet may be he’s gone to London where the post Brexit streets are now being repaved in gold :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m going to tell Raab that I’m planning to import 30 Australian Kenworths can I now import em under the same terms as if importing EU made trucks regards duty and type approval.
Why aren’t we seeing our fishing communities celebrating the end of EU fishing quotas and EU access to Brit fish.
Are we still paying the EU for the privilege of being ruled by Juncker and his court.
Why no statements that Brit workers will be given preference over EU citizens in our labour market to the point where any job taken by them has to stay advertised.

As for ‘domestic’ hours regs applying to all ‘domestic’ operations subject to National O licence and speed limiters set at 100 kmh I’ll leave that until he’s answered the rest first. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

It’s Brino not Brexit.

I’m going to tell Raab that I’m planning to import 30 Australian Kenworths can I now import em under the same terms as if importing EU made trucks regards duty and type approval.
Why aren’t we seeing our fishing communities celebrating the end of EU fishing quotas and EU access to Brit fish.
Are we still paying the EU for the privilege of being ruled by Juncker and his court.
Why no statements that Brit workers will be given preference over EU citizens in our labour market to the point where any job taken by them has to stay advertised.

As for ‘domestic’ hours regs applying to all ‘domestic’ operations subject to National O licence and speed limiters set at 100 kmh I’ll leave that until he’s answered the rest first. :smiling_imp: :wink:

I was only asking my self the same question early regarding importing a decent lorry and if anything would change ,if so there’s no doubt that I will be ordering a new Kenworth ■■■■■■■ set up .

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

I was only asking my self the same question early regarding importing a decent lorry and if anything would change ,if so there’s no doubt that I will be ordering a new Kenworth ■■■■■■■ set up .

There you go.Fill yer boots. :smiley:
kenworth.com.au/wp-content/u … 20_WEB.pdf
I’d go for an 8 x 4 rigid 18 speed fuller with 3 axle drawbar NZ style. :wink:

Depending on Raab’s answer as to whether our lad from ■■■■■■■ has been fooled by his Tory mates again. :frowning: :unamused: :laughing:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

Depending on Raab’s answer as to whether our lad from ■■■■■■■ has been fooled by his Tory mates again. :frowning: :unamused: :laughing:

Just messaged them via the website :sunglasses:

Punchy Dan:

Carryfast:

Punchy Dan:

Just messaged them via the website :sunglasses:

The answer to that message could be the conclusive evidence that proves Brino or Brexit here in these pages. :smiley:

Bewick:
No 1 at 11 pm when we FINALLY escape the clutches of that pile of excrement called the EU , and good riddance I’ll drink a large one to that ! Then No 2 at midnight when we will say goodbye to 2020 which must rank as about the worst Year since WW2 but unfortunately the start of 2021 looks a bit grim but lets hope the vaccination takes hold so by this time next year we will be in a much better and happier place ! So here’s wishing everyone on TNUK a far better 2021, Cheers Bewick.

As a Pommie git out here in the flar-fung Colonies, on balance I would’ve voted for Brexit had I been there and had I the right. I hope and trust the divorce proceedings go well, but many of us blokes know who gets what in a divorce …

I suspect the next few years for Mr/ Mrs/ Ms Bloggs in the UK will be a [zb]-show; I suppose the question is: would it be any better under EU rule?

ParkRoyal2100:
I suspect the next few years for Mr/ Mrs/ Ms Bloggs in the UK will be a ■■■■-show; I suppose the question is: would it be any better under EU rule?

To be fair I would never have said that about pre 1973 Britain.The way in which the country pulled itself out of the hole left by the Krauts in WW2, through the 1950’s/60’s, was nothing less than a miracle based on the efforts of that same generation who’d stopped them.

Zb show is a good description of what happened to the country after that point to date.
It’s clear that our EU membership was/is to blame and they knew it within 2 years of us joining the scam.
It’s a country of lions led by treacherous donkeys, with a few exceptions like this that prove the rule.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHwTT-ewLM

Oh and their was no marriage or divorce clause written in the Treaty of Rome etc.
Just walk away and don’t look back as we should have done in 1975 if only we had a government worthy of the name.