Bye bye EU !

By tomorrow evening we should have, hopefully, said “Foxtrot Oscar” to that corrupt, stinking, edifice called the EU ! Unless they decide to keep dancing on a pin head and continue to play “ring a ring a roses” but no way can the UK accept becoming a vassal off shore state with the EU dictating all the terms ! And all this one sided bollox of the tariffs the UK is going to have to pay on the exports to the EU well that’s all it is “bollox” as more trade comes to the UK from the EU so I’m sure that common sense will prevail and a reciprocal Trade Deal will be worked out PDQ within no time at all ! It’s a joke hearing that the 27 EU Countries are sticking together and standing firm as I believe that once reality hits the Dutch , Germans and ,of course, Le Frog and they take a big hit on their exports to the UK I have no doubt that they will break ranks and it will be “every man for themselves” ! Since when did any of those three countries let a small item like solidarity stand in the way of “I’m alright Jack” ! It’s the Paddies that are going to catch a real beating if they choose to play silly buggers as around 65% of their exports come straight over the water for consumption in the UK ! So bring it on I say and we should be all delighted that we will after 40 years be once again be a free and unfettered United Kingdom ! Cheers Bewick.

The Royal navay are readying 4 patrol vessels for patrolling fishing waters of the UK
But Bournemouth MP Mr Elwood doesn’t like it :imp: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55286439

Interesting reading and i tend to agree with most of what you said but would you have the same opinion if you were still running a UK haulage company that did a bit of Euro work ?

Sorry to say but I disagree about leaving the EU, I think there will be a shortage of goods available coming in and great difficulties in exporting our goods to European countries, Hopefully I am wrong but time will tell.

On the subject of corruption it seems to me that our Government is doing a great job of looking after their own.

Well I have been waiting for someone to reinvigorate this topic, ever since they dumped my EU thread in Bullies which was a shame as it definitely had lots of followers all with different views to boot. How long do you think this thread will last Dennis ? as you know I have been waiting for Brexit for a long time and although it will have some repercussions in the business world I do believe we will come out the other side and prosper, having said that it is not yet the first of January so don’t hold your breath mate.
One good sign is the making ready of Navy ships to deter any trawlers who do not obey the rules on the fishing waters, just want to see that Macron squirm and hope he gets his comeuppance, as for other Nations following our lead think that may happen as well especially Holland, they send a large amount of there produce to the UK and even at this present time it is difficult to book trucks for this work and consequently a premium is now put on traffic from there. DIT have been very busy on the Imports from all over, the problem at the moment is finding storage when it hits our shores, some of this is due to Christmas demand but a lot is being stockpiled as well.
At the end of the day we wont be paying into there club anymore which will save us a good few sov’s and we wont have to follow all there laws and regulations half of which are unnecessary. life for the drivers is going to be a challenge for sure as I have a feeling they are not going to be very helpful in this department but only time will tell, Buzzer.

(with apologies to The Eagles) 'You can checkout, but you can never leave".

Pete.

Oh!, sweet baby Jesus asleep in a manger,…surely not again FFS !

Suedehead:
Interesting reading and i tend to agree with most of what you said but would you have the same opinion if you were still running a UK haulage company that did a bit of Euro work ?

Yes ! and for the record I voted against joining what was the EEC ( supposed to be just a trading community?) in 1975 and my opinion still is the same but has only hardened over the years ! Cheers Bewick.

dave docwra:
Sorry to say but I disagree about leaving the EU, I think there will be a shortage of goods available coming in and great difficulties in exporting our goods to European countries, Hopefully I am wrong but time will tell.

On the subject of corruption it seems to me that our Government is doing a great job of looking after their own.

It’s called “short term pain for long term gain” and I doubt very much that our so called “Euro Friends” will stick to their principles when they realise that there is still a very important Customer ( The UK) on their door step willing to carry on trading with them.
That is of course, dave, you will prefer to carry on being subservient to the “midden” called the EU because you have no “bottle” to return to being an independent nation once more and stand on your own two feet ! The Frogs and the Gerrys have never liked the UK for reasons that go back through time immemorial but wait------ yes they liked our net cash contributions as the second largest contributor to the " EU cess pool" but forget it UK if you think your views will be ever listened to , which of course over the past 40 years we have always been outvoted. Cheers Bewick.

“Billionaire Sir Jim Ratcliffe, a Leave campaigner in the run-up to the 2016 Brexit referendum, has confirmed a new 4x4 vehicle will be built in France. It ends hopes his Grenadier off-roader, based on the original Land Rover, would be made at a new plant in Wales.”

I can’t imagine why, can you? Perhaps he feared that exports from Wales would be too complicated and expensive. Who knows. But, no offence meant to Sir Jim, rats and sinking ship come to mind.

Well it would appear that “The Remainers” ( they lost!) “The Naysayers” and the “Bottlers” are terrified of stepping out into the great wide world as an independent nation and would really prefer to remain as a subservient vassal state controlled by an unelected bunch of “Gravy Trainers” based in Brussels and destined to have to swallow all the crap that will be forced upon us in perpetuity !
Well I for one do not wish that upon us or our descendants for that matter !
PS for Buzzer—looks like we are destined to have our comments consigned to “Bullys” every time we attempt to stimulate relative debate so maybe we should just retreat to “Bullys” permanently like ! Oh! and maybe we should consider asking the Mods to reinstate the Bewick site onto Bullys and the DIT site as well !! Now there’s food for thought John !! :frowning: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Buzzer:
Well I have been waiting for someone to reinvigorate this topic, ever since they dumped my EU thread in Bullies which was a shame as it definitely had lots of followers all with different views to boot. …

Hi Buzzer,

I’ve probably explained this before, but…

The forum you’re speaking of is for ‘Old Time Lorries, Companies and Drivers’ etc, which doesn’t include this topic or your EU topic. The forum index page has titles for the forums as a guide as to what type of topics are to go in them.

Those topics you’ve mentioned do not fit any other forum, so they go here in Bully’s where the discussion and points made are still equally valid.

It’s a bit like putting a metric spanner in with the Whitworths, so the fitter’s mate spotted it and has moved the tools to the correct drawer in the toolbox. :smiley:

Unless/until that corrupt stinking edifice known as the Tory Party does what it does best.By chucking the country under the bus again at the 59th minute of the 11th hour by making a ‘deal’ ( compromise ) with Macron and Merkel etc.
You know just like Heath did in 1972 and Thatcher did in '75 and Major did with Maastricht, and Cameron did by using our money to campaign for his remain side.
Bonus points for Thatcher handing over Hong Kong to the Commies instead of saying it goes to Taiwan, who actually held the lease, or we go to war. :unamused:

Bewick:

Suedehead:

Yes ! and for the record I voted against joining what was the EEC ( supposed to be just a trading community?) in 1975 and my opinion still is the same but has only hardened over the years ! Cheers Bewick.

A trading community in which the deal was we give them oil and fish in exchange for Mercs and BMW’s and Kraut made Fords and Vauxhalls.Remind us what party was it that you were a loyal voter for.
There’s your zb ‘trading community’ and rotten party in the form of Heath and co.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZXHwTT-ewLM

Bewick:
Well it would appear that “The Remainers” ( they lost!) “The Naysayers” and the “Bottlers” are terrified of stepping out into the great wide world as an independent nation and would really prefer to remain as a subservient vassal state controlled by an unelected bunch of “Gravy Trainers” based in Brussels and destined to have to swallow all the crap that will be forced upon us in perpetuity !
Well I for one do not wish that upon us or our descendants for that matter !
PS for Buzzer—looks like we are destined to have our comments consigned to “Bullys” every time we attempt to stimulate relative debate so maybe we should just retreat to “Bullys” permanently like ! Oh! and maybe we should consider asking the Mods to reinstate the Bewick site onto Bullys and the DIT site as well !! Now there’s food for thought John !! :frowning: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

To be honest, complaining about remainers wanting to remain seems a bit pointless, what else do you expect from a remainer?

On the other hand, you should really focus your effort on the likes of Radcliff (sir my ■■■) , Dyson (sir my ■■■) and Jacob ReesMogg, your most focal ‘make britain great again’ brexiteers. What do they all have in common?
They moved their business out of Brittain. Hows that for supporting the country whose sovereignty they so much espouse??

You’ve all been led up the garden path by a load of shysters, who are laughing at you as we speak.

I agree with Dennis on this, don’t believe the negative hype. :bulb:

The EU are running scared because the UK who stand alone against Europe (sounds familiar) have got them sh scared for having the shear audacity to stand up to them…they don’t like it up em Captain Mainwaring. :smiley:

They fear this action will open the floodgates to other states wanting to leave …(my bet is NL being next) and to see the light and rid themselves of the corrupt gravy train that is the EU.
Who knows, it will maybe spark off some kind of restructure where it becomes exclusively Trade orientated, (it’s sole reason to be in the first place) rather than a 4th Reich…again sounds familiar.

The floodgates of usual suspect Trucknet bleating remainers will be on for the next 4 pages as soon as they clock this thread, but at present they’re pre.occupied on regurgitating all the official propaganda on measures to keep us at bay over Covid regulations. :unamused: :laughing:

youtu.be/QtYbNQXvMZc

The next few weeks maybe months will be difficult during the change process and settling in period, and the EU making us suffer for their blooded nose, but time will tell, things have a way of working themselves out.

good riddance to the EU! :smiley: and perhaps we could deploy a couple of Warship’s to stop the invaders coming to this horrible,horrible racist :unamused: country via the South Coast,rather than helping them over here :angry:

Well said Dennis, I voted to leave, it is just a shame that the PM who took over at that time couldnt decide what colour of shoes to wear let alone stand upto the EU dictators, pity Boris didnt get in at that time.
It is reassuring to read that Boris is prepared to use the Royal Navy to protect our fishing rights and our rights as a free island nation. However, I think it will take a little more than sabre-rattling against the french fishermen. Having seen the way the french fishermen and farmers have acted in the past. Back in the nineties the amount of british fridges set on fire with the gendarmes or the french government doing very little to stop it, and the look-warm response to preventing stowaways at the ports.

As Dominic Raab said earlier…‘The EU is concerned that we might do rather well’ after Brexit’ .
So they are in no hurry to be seen to co.opetate.
From their pov it would show the true picture to what the EU is all about, feathering the nest of the EU elite, gravy train jobs for the boys for very easy money, and all subsidised by the individual country members tax payers. :smiley:
Good riddance I say.