Trying to find a Ford Transcontinental

Still after information and I believe that it was sold early 80’s to a guy in ■■■■■■■ area and i think was a owner driver who went overseas. And that he has a son who is still trucking now who may know what happened to it/final resting place? :open_mouth:

Hi I’m pretty. Sure an enthusiast seen him on the net and in a mag had hot a fully restored collection of transcons; one being a ‘JAR’ reg one done in red and White BRS livery? He also had a yellow one with stripes, and a White one with blue stripes, all mega tidy too!

harryvr6:
Hi I’m pretty. Sure an enthusiast seen him on the net and in a mag had hot a fully restored collection of transcons; one being a ‘JAR’ reg one done in red and White BRS livery? He also had a yellow one with stripes, and a White one with blue stripes, all mega tidy too!

Hi Harry the BRS Livery one is 53N , but thanks anyway :smiley:

Evening all im trying to found out info on a Ford Transcontinental that use to be my uncles, ive tried the main site for transcons but nothing on there, the reg is JAR 58N and was in Black…Arctic

wheel nutz:
Evening all im trying to found out info on a Ford Transcontinental that use to be my uncles, ive tried the main site for transcons but nothing on there, the reg is JAR 58N and was in Black…Arctic

hi i had 2 transcons in the early 80s 1 was black and was JPX 500p the other was blue and white JCR 199p both really good trucks i expect ther both scrapped and no longer HAHA

This is what the DVLA has to say on there web site:-
The vehicle details for JAR 58N are:

Date of Liability 01 09 1985
Date of First Registration 18 07 1975
Year of Manufacture 1975
Cylinder Capacity (cc) Not Available
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.

This is a pic in 76 ish then it was painted Black and had stars n stripes put on.

hi roy huntley
my dad had that transcon jcr199p when they first came out , he had it on demo from hendys fords here in southampton, i remember doing some miles in her when i was younger… great truck :slight_smile:

ianburns:
hi roy huntley
my dad had that transcon jcr199p when they first came out , he had it on demo from hendys fords here in southampton, i remember doing some miles in her when i was younger… great truck :slight_smile:

yes it came from southampton so do i when i brought it it was parked up for ages it needed alot of work on it i had it for about 5years workin abroad with it ive got photos of it somewere blue and white it was

wheel nutz:

This is a pic in 76 ish then it was painted Black and had stars n stripes put on.

There is something not quite right in that photo . . . and i dont mean the Swiss flag on the mirror arm !!

wheel nutz:

Hi Wheel Nutz, That reg “JAR” ***N" rings a bell. In an old magazine (could be TRUCK/Commercial Motor etc…), there was a feature on a HGV recovery firm based in Kent (could have been Ashford) which ran a brace of red Tranni’s (about 5 - some 4x2 ex tractor units, some 6x4, etc…), one of them had the JAR coding, and was an “N” plater. Been trying frantically to root the ■■■■ mag out, but to no avail. I know it’s a very slim lead, but may bear some fruit.

Good luck with your search.

Slater & Son:

wheel nutz:

Hi Wheel Nutz, That reg “JAR” ***N" rings a bell. In an old magazine (could be TRUCK/Commercial Motor etc…), there was a feature on a HGV recovery firm based in Kent (could have been Ashford) which ran a brace of red Tranni’s (about 5 - some 4x2 ex tractor units, some 6x4, etc…), one of them had the JAR coding, and was an “N” plater. Been trying frantically to root the ■■■■ mag out, but to no avail. I know it’s a very slim lead, but may bear some fruit.

Good luck with your search.

Cheers, there was a JAR 54N and a JAR 59N Recovery truck and many Q Plate ones too, Many thanks for your reply

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31288

have a look at this thread on pro drivers forum? :wink:

whooshwhoosh:
http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31288

have a look at this thread on pro drivers forum? :wink:

Yep i spotted this thread before you posted and ive asked for more pics to see but nothing yet

Cheers for replying :smiley:

This aint gonna be much help but a couple of Months ago a red Transconti wrecker passed me on the M20 between Ashford and Maidstone, didnt take any notice of the reg, but was surprised one in such good nick…

So its possible its still about.

Coddy:
This aint gonna be much help but a couple of Months ago a red Transconti wrecker passed me on the M20 between Ashford and Maidstone, didnt take any notice of the reg, but was surprised one in such good nick…

So its possible its still about.

was it translink rescue? i think they have or had a " A Reg and Q Reg"

thanks for the reply :smiley:

was it translink rescue? i think they have or had a " A Reg and Q Reg"

thanks for the reply :smiley:
[/quote]

I dont know if it was Trans Link etc, just noticed that it was a Trans conti, sorry.

Will keep an eye out for it again, and will ask our Ashford drivers to do the same…

Cheers :laughing:

Hope this will help

Bit less Transcon and a bit more F88 and the picture is a goodun! :wink: