Do / did you own A ford Transcontinental?

ford4428:
If you have ever owned a transcon or if you still do how about posting your pictures here. To start off here are some of my other halfs.

Hi owned Transcon in early 80s CJW 903V was on Clan international out of Dover it was in there colours pulling Fridges, trying to get photos on but having probs as soon I will post photos. Had it for 3 years bought it new from Ford Agents in Birmingham, exchanged my Scania 110 Super. Loved the transcon. Italy Spain Germany Austria Ugo Turkey Denmark Poland Hungary Etc Etc Etc Never missed a beat in 3 years Loved it

My dad didnt own one, but he drove one, in fact, this one, (thou hes not in the photo) Ravenfleet had a few, it was a beast of a motor for dad after coming out of an F86!
(someone elses photo)

raven%20001%20(2).jpg

Midlands BRS at Bromford lane B’ham had about 20 of them mainly Y & A reg on the Ford contract, I’ve only seen one photo of them and none seem to have survived, IIRC the Y reg ones all started with ROK—Y.

My dad used to own several of them and had GJF 545V which is posted on here. I can’t find any photos of it but will search for them. In the meantime here’s a photo of one of his old ones. If any remembers them or him would be glad to hear from you.

image.jpg

And talking of beer mat tax discs!!!

image.jpg

Just a quick one ,does anyone on this thread now who owned/drove the first Trascon in the home counties ,i would be glad to know ? Steve.

Silver Roadways or Hays transport

I never owned one but As a kid I remember there was Ford tractor demonstration unit that was a transcontinental tractor and step frame trailer that was parked In village called Acom in Northumberland on a weekend , as a tractor mad kid it made my day to see that truck parked up with the latest Ford demonstration tractors all painted in the ford factory livery on it, shame I never got to take a photo of it in there day they where a great looking truck .

Slope:

This pic is from Bubblemans scrapbook memories.

All four of them together, FJU is the one with the door open. The one to the right is RUT 734 R Dads very first Transcon and also his very first brand new truck. I’ll have to get the photo’s of RUT off him, when it was brand new, to put on here. Nick.

Slope,

My dad ended up owning gjf545v in about 1981 ish… Was a 4428 flying machine and the reason the rest of the transcons ended up being painted with the stripes although in red and white. I’m sure somewhere or other I have some photos of it. It ended up red and white and with a/c fitted.

W T Hurdsman & Sons had one in the seventies

image1.jpg

my father owned a 1976 p reg example with a 335 ■■■■■■■ and 13 speed fuller-flying machine!!
best lorry he ever owned in his opinion.shame he never took any bloody pics of it!!
heres a couple of a model i made of it-

Tubbysboy:

Slope:

All four of them together, FJU is the one with the door open. The one to the right is RUT 734 R Dads very first Transcon and also his very first brand new truck. I’ll have to get the photo’s of RUT off him, when it was brand new, to put on here. Nick.

Slope,

My dad ended up owning gjf545v in about 1981 ish… Was a 4428 flying machine and the reason the rest of the transcons ended up being painted with the stripes although in red and white. I’m sure somewhere or other I have some photos of it. It ended up red and white and with a/c fitted.

Hi Tubbysboy.

I’ve got a photo of GJF when it was brand new, somewhere. Hadn’t even been painted. I’ll have to start nagging my Dad to sort out his photos, I did have them all, but he wanted them back. So I ended up giving them all to him :frowning:

This was first one in South wales :smiley:

Slope:

Tubbysboy:

Slope:

Slope,

Hi Tubbysboy.

I’ve got a photo of GJF when it was brand new, somewhere. Hadn’t even been painted. I’ll have to start nagging my Dad to sort out his photos, I did have them all, but he wanted them back. So I ended up giving them all to him :frowning:

Slope,

Would be good to see that!
When me dad bought GJF it was when he was doing Iraq and so forth…and GJF was the first choice to go. Think it was it was the newest and was certainly the fastest… Dad didn’t drive GJF much but always swore that he couldn’t keep with it when he was running with Sean who used to drive it. Legend has it that it outrun an Irish 141 going through Turkey on more than one occasion… The Irish driver was cussing the transcons to the ground…

Get nagging onto your dad and I’ll gee me mum up for some photos.
Cheers

No joy with GJF photos but have dug out a couple more photos. The smashed one a 4432 left ■■■■■■.

Lonewolf Yorks:

That must have made a huge improvement

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :cry: :cry:

An old mate of ours is sharing some photos of this on facebook, he wants to know if you have any interior shots of the cab?

If you have ever owned a transcon or if you still do how about posting your pictures here. To start off here are some of my other halfs.

hi leslie,
good to see the pictures of the transconti’s,there are some transcon photos on the south wales thread,hope to see you and rob this season.i have some that i will add to your’s later if thats ok?
regards andrew cooper.

pete 359:
hi leslie,
good to see the pictures of the transconti’s,there are some transcon photos on the south wales thread,hope to see you and rob this season.i have some that i will add to your’s later if thats ok?
regards andrew cooper.

Hi Andrew
Yes we will be at the shows and feel free to post your pictures
Regards
Lesley