Do / did you own A ford Transcontinental?

There are a few theads on here with Transcons on, heres a few of mine apologies if I may have put them on before.
This was in Yugo flogging diesel during the war.

Fly sheet

Stuck in the mud in Hungary.

Chinky Nevs with a hat on in Italy.

Tyre factory in Romania.

Great photos…are the cabs the same as Berleit and the Renault tr turboliner series?

Did anybody see or does anybody have any photos of the dark blue transcon that had the cab extended,it had a full size bed in it ! :question: with a 500 ■■■■■■■ transplanted into it,Im sure it was doing the m/e ?

I never owned one but my claim to fame is that I drove supposedly the first Transcon to do the middle east runs out of the UK. I say this because I had to take it to Ford’s experimental centre on the Southend Road after every trip where they poured over it and did what ever to it!! It had the 350 ■■■■■■■ engine in it and went like stink. She was a very thirsty girl though with average returns of about 4 miles to the gallon!!

Here it is reg. KME 15P waiting to load nuts in Giresun on the black sea coast of northern Turkey in 76

WHEELNUTZ:
Did anybody see or does anybody have any photos of the dark blue transcon that had the cab extended,it had a full size bed in it ! :question: with a 500 ■■■■■■■ transplanted into it,Im sure it was doing the m/e ?

I ran with it down to sebia just afterbthe war, got a photo of it but dont know how to put it on

richmond:

WHEELNUTZ:

I ran with it down to sebia just afterbthe war, got a photo of it but dont know how to put it on

Richmond - go to old time lorries front page instructions how to post there i used them to put my pics on

fly sheet:

Tyre factory in Romania.

Hi John.

Tyre Factory which town.
Regards
Ian

Think it was Vittoria Ian only went to it once & twas many moons back.

Fly sheet

fly sheet:
Think it was Vittoria Ian only went to it once & twas many moons back.

Fly sheet

Your old gray matter is as good as mine :blush: :blush:

Ian

Yep we had a couple of the buggers. Wedge brakes what a brilliant idea :smiley:

richmond:

WHEELNUTZ:

If it was reg SUR57W I know a man who’ll be very interested in that picture

I have a facebook page, i had five transcons altogether, if ya go to facebook and search for karl skilton, ask to be a friend and you can get pics of my five on there and i can put the pic on there for you, regards karl skilton

SUR 57W sorry i didn’t take these pics and if anyone objects I will remove them.

Used to see the old Bandag tyres one with the registration " HEV 1T" running up until the mid 90s . Remember seeing it in truck magazine . Also what happened to Ken Trowell :question: He ran some nice ones :confused: :confused: :confused: :question: :question: :question:

My truck, my truck!

Well done Consett lad.

I had SUR 57W for a while in the early 90s and what a wagon. I tried for a long time in more recent years to find out what happened to her and eventually discovered was destroyed in a fire in Newcastle.

By far the best wagon I ever drove

(I don’t remember the redhead mind you)

Lonewolf Yorks:
My truck, my truck!

Well done Consett lad.

I had SUR 57W for a while in the early 90s and what a wagon. I tried for a long time in more recent years to find out what happened to her and eventually discovered was destroyed in a fire in Newcastle.

By far the best wagon I ever drove

Thats true it did end up in Newcastle as my mate use to service it,I dont think it has been scrapped though,but dont take that as gospel…I will get more info for yous…it went like stink :laughing:

(I don’t remember the redhead mind you)